Anenomes and PC lights?

liquidonyx

i'm just making it under the same light with a 75gal, i'm upgrading now though. i have a gbta and a sebai n there for three months under my current setup, i feel more would greatly increase their health.

T

thomas712

I think you should be able to accomidate a Bubble tip anemone just fine with that lighting. I used 380 watts on a 55 and had them split several times in that tank.
Look for aquacultured BTA's if possible.
Thomas

H

haha

woulld you be able to keep anenomes with 4x65w pc litghts??its 18 1/2 inches deep...

T

thomas712

Originally posted by haha
woulld you be able to keep anenomes with 4x65w pc litghts??its 18 1/2 inches deep...

AnemoneS - no. Your starting to go where the VHO and PC lights drop off in terms of usable light. IF you had enough rockwork, and IF you went with a BTA also, and IF it were to climb to the top of the rockwork to get the best light, then MAYBE it would be possible.
But thats just my opinion, subject to your water, age of lights and so on and so on.
I think it could work if the BTA were to at least be in the top 1/3 of the tank....maybe.
Now if it were a substrate loving anemone then I'd have to say that you need better lights.
Thomas