Angel Fish Behavior

lorab

I just got a second flame angel fish from SWF.com, and it appears to have died overnight. It was acting fine the first day - very shy, but this morning I found it trapped under a rock and not breathing/moving. I know this type of behavior can be stress, but my blue hippo was gasping as she trapped herself under the rock - and is now just fine. I trapped the flame angel in a net and have it protected from the other fish... it's still not moving. How do you tell if this fish is really dead?
So far, I have had excellent luck with all SWF.com merchandise except all types of shrimp and flame angels (oh, and my first anemone - please respond to my other thread if you can). My water parameters are fine, but nitrates were a little higher than zero, did a water change.
Please help

ct_vol

Look to see if there is any gill movement... Angels unlike wrasses and even some Regal (hippo) tangs do not play dead... If you can touch it and it feels stiff... It is dead...

ct_vol

I hate to hear that you are having such bad luck... Luckily SWF.com has a 2 week guarantee... Make sure you check your levels before adding any other fish... :)

lorab

Originally Posted by ct_vol
I hate to hear that you are having such bad luck... Luckily SWF.com has a 2 week guarantee... Make sure you check your levels before adding any other fish... :)
Well, since this is my second attempt at the flame angel... I'm just gonna flush it. I'm done with this type of fish - as well as anemones and shrimp.
Everything else is going great... and I'm happy with the tank as is now.
Thanks for the help.