Angel Fish, To buy or not to buy. That is my question.

S

shark bait

Here it is. Money aside.
I Have spent a ton on books about these fish. And they all sound like a pain in the

[hr]
However, the Koran and the French sound like the two that take to tank life well.
While the Goldflake, Queen and Imperator apear to be more difficult and at juvi, may not morph right, but as and adult, may not take to Tank life well. And due to the lack Sponge diet in the tank die, get ich, ect...
Goldflake is my 1st choice, then queen to imperator.
SO THE real Question is who has what, When did you get it, Juvi? Adult? Size and how, and how long did you qt. AND how it is now. This will be the last fish in.
I have a Mappa, Niger, Huma and Coral Hind. in a 150 with 120lbs live sand, 150-180 in marshall island and Tonga live rock. Prizm pro on 24/7.
ANY feedback good, bad I want it all. :help:

S

shark bait

imperator it is i have him on order, and he will be ready in a month.

flamehawk

I've had goldflake for 4 days. About 3 1/2 inches. Is in Q tank and eating well. May want to do search for Goldflake angel as I just recently posted and got responses you may want to read.
Also my sense is that GF angel is on the less agressive side of the angel clan. If you proceed, I believe that the GF is hardy but will have a bit of difficulty adapting to the fish in your tank who have already established themselves.Good luck.

benter

Hey everyone ..how about a potters angel? anyone have one of these guys..I was thinking about getting one, maybe, but I am concerned about them eating sponges...any one know?!!

guineawhop

i have a queen right now and have had him for 2 years now. i got him when he was about 3 inches and is now around the 6-7 inch range. he is by far my most favorite because of the personality on this fish. he is not afraid of anything, he eats out of my hand, always in the front of the tank waiting to eat, never had one problem as far as health goes. i feed him a mix between hikari mega marine angel food which has sponge once a day, ON formula 2 flake, nori, mysis shrimp, and the occasional krill. the bad parts to him is that the older they get the more they become the boss of the tank. he's never killed a fish in my tank, but that hasn't stopped him from takin pieces of fin once in a while. also you can't have any polyps in the tank cause they are usually gone within a day because he eats them quickly. you'll like this fish if you decide to get it and the coloration on them is amazing as they're changing.

scubadoo

All of your choices will do well as long as you provide the appropriate enviornment. Personally, I like Emperor Angels. Gorgeous animals that do well once they settle in.
To increase odds for success....you must have pristine water conditions, a large system, povide an appropriate diet and plenty live rock.
Here is a pic of my Emperor.....in captivity for about 4-5 years....probably about 6-7 years old.....