Angel fish

bushwacker

I have a flame Angel now and would like to add a Yellow pygmy angle. Will they get along or should I avoid this? Thanks
I have 55gal reef tank

fuax

Usually it is one angle to a tank, you sometimes can get away with one large angel and one dwarf in a good size tank. I wont say you can't do it and I wont advised you to not do it because I have seen stranger things work in fish tanks. Just be aware that they may fight. If you have enough lr and place for them to hide it may be ok.

joker_ca

i have had success mixing SOME angels but i had to return alot to find the right mix, but i think your 55 might be a little to small to house multiple angels IMO

guineawhop

i'd agree with the above, it is a toss up. if they are from a different genus they more likely will be able to get along with eachother. make sure if you do try this to have a lot of hiding places. good luck

cherizle

i think if you pick two angels that are very dis-similar in looks you will be fine. i successfully keep a flame & a lemonpeel.

cougar

I believe that it is up to the individual fish, but I would not suggest it if you can't seperate them if they do fight. Do you have a second tank or would the LFS be willing to do a trade or refund if it doesn't work out. Make sure your LR is mature and plenty of it. Personally I am housing a coral beauty and a flame, also a koran and a grey large angel. No problems for over a year. Good luck.