angel

OK, now dont get all mean at me! I just want advice, no crabbin. Today, when I came home I saw my emperor angel, laying on his side on the piece of liverock. Immediately, I put it in the 10 gallon hospital tank(used the right acclimation). I am wondering about a fw dip, do you need a little tank or can you use a bucket. Should I use cold water and heat it overnight (because i'm planning to dip him tomorrow), or should I use hot water and dip her now. But I have heard hot water has dangerous chemicles for your fish. Should I do the fw dip? Please post asap. :(

tjswanson

Get the water the exact temp. as the tank and make sure Ph is the same also..... I have electronic thermomiters so I plend hot and cold water until it is the exact temp as the tank. TJ

i3luedragon

Umm... I don't think there is a quick fix for that. Once your fish is lying on its side, it usually indicates an alignment too late for modern fish medicine to cure. Although still try your best and don't give up. :rolleyes:

jimi

Why are you dipping if you dont know what happened? Any visible spots? Hows the water?

goofieones

That is too bad that the angel had to die, you only had it like for 2 months. I would suggest you don't attempt to keep another angel until you are sure what happened to this one, and until you are able to offer it a bigger home.

old salt

I agree with Goofiones... try some hardier fish and get more experience before you try angels again....

frenchman

Boy, what a loss. I feel for you. REALLY sorry that you lost that fish. What a gorgeous fish :(
I heard that emperor and queen are really hard to keep. I also had experienced problems with flames. An angel that I found pretty hardy is the coral beauty (nice looking too but nothing compared to your emperor)

kdlbem

I know exactly how you feel, Had four fish die in a little more than a week. A powder blue tang, flame angel, juv. majestic angel, and a lawnmower blenny. The only ones that survived were a false percula clown, and a dottyback. I almost sold the whole setup, but I just can't give up that easy. sorry to hear about your angel.