Angelfish????

omgsaltwat

has any one ever had angelfish together??? I want these two..
Emperor Angelfish - Juvenile
Flame Angelfish
what about these two will they get along???
Copperband Butterfly
Heniochus Butterfly

pchromis

Generally, it is not a good idea to keep any 2 angelfish in a tank.
I do believe you can keep more than one butterfly fish in a tank without a problem.
The problem with the angelfish is that they most likely will fight causing one of themto die.

hammerhed7

I currently have a 6" Koran angel (changing), and a 3" coral beauty in my 220. there has never been even the slightest agression between them. I think there is bound to be less agression when mixing large angels and dwarfs. I did add the coral beauty first, and both fish have bold personalities, but seem to ignore each other.
good luck

ovrmyhdagn

I have a juvenile emperor and a flame angel and they are great together. The flame used to try and bully the emperor, but was ignored.
You can mix 1 large angel and 1 dwarf most of the time.

dmitry

The size of the tank is definitely an issue. A large enough tank will give enough space for the fish to claim as their own and not be constantly in each other's faces. And I've heard that mixing a large Angel with a dwarf usually works out ok.

jam1e

if you ask me ... the emporer and the flame will do just fine .. as they say .. Dwarves and Giants live in peace

battosai

I have both in my 90 gallon without a problem, and the Juvi Emperor is half the size of the Flame. The Flame is the tank Bully, but has never messed with the Juvi.

M

mlandrigan

Originally Posted by Hammerhed7
I currently have a 6" Koran angel (changing), and a 3" coral beauty in my 220. there has never been even the slightest agression between them. I think there is bound to be less agression when mixing large angels and dwarfs. I did add the coral beauty first, and both fish have bold personalities, but seem to ignore each other.
good luck

Hammerhed7,
What do you feed your Koran and Coral Beauty? It sounds like you have had good long term success. I don't have either right now but will be getting them in the next 4 months or so. I have a 125 gallon.

saltn00b

just make sure your tank is large enough, as in 100g + and you have vast amount of rockwork and caverns so the little ones can run and hide in the caverns.