angels color change

colami

trying to find outif anybody has angels that change while in the tank from juv. to adult. have heard they do and that they won't.

nicetry

The majority of large angels have very different juvenile coloration. Mostly a dark blue with white circular patterns. Some dwarfs also undergo more subtle changes as they mature. The transformation can take several months to complete.

thangbom

well i currenlt have my juvi emporer for about 4-5 months now.. havet changed yet.. not a single sign.. he about 5''.. but i have head and read of people have there angels change soo......

1man

Hello,
We purchased a juvenile Emperor Angel about 8 months ago, I think. Could have been sooner and could have been longer. But, anyway, he has changed from his juvenile coloration into an almost fully changed adult. He isn't fully changed over. The horizontel lines haven't fully developed and the portion around his "forehead" area is still a dirty white color that should be yellow as an adult. But, he's only about 5 inches so, he still has some growing to do. I really wouldn't recommend a large Angel for the size tank that you have listed in your profile though. They really do need a large volume of water to move around in. I'm sure we'll trade him in before he gets too large because I don't even think that a 125 is large enough. Oh yeah, and, make sure you provide a varied diet with frequent feedings of food containing sponge (like the frozen angel formula), as well as, a variety of flake food and some different types of meaty foods. Good luck. Hope this helps.

thangbom

ahhh cool!!!! hope my angel(which is currently sick...) changes color... (doing almost back to normal) anyways.. it;ll be cool to watch him change... ohh yeah.. my angel dos'nt like flakes.. he only eat good food like shrimp.. how do i teach him to eat flakes??