angels

fisherkid91

Can any of the following angels do good in a 35gal reef tank, if so which is the best for it?
-Coral Beauty
-Potters Angel
-Lemonpeel Angel
-Flame Angel
(those are the most common ones sold at my lfs)

christiiiii

Potters Angels are really hard to keep, I would recommend the flame angel or the lemon peel. I'm new and no expert, thats just my opinion.

alyssia

Definitely not the Potters. They rarely survive in captivity. Both of the flames I've had have been very aggressive (in a 75) so I'd be worried about how they'd do in a 35.

katiev

My mother keeps a coral beauty in a 30g. She's had it for quite awhile and it looks/acts healthy.

fisherkid91

ok so im down to 3 (coral beauty, lemonpeel, flame), which would be the least likely to nip at corals or are they the same?

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by fisherkid91
ok so im down to 3 (coral beauty, lemonpeel, flame), which would be the least likely to nip at corals or are they the same?
there all the same its a 50/50 chance if they nip at corals

albfishin'

Either the Coral Beauty or the Flame. As with all pygmys it's pot luck on if they will leave your polyps/clam mantles alone (if you have). I've been lucky so far, I had a CB in my 55 reef and it did great. I've had a Flame in for about 2 weeks so far and it's doing great also. Leaving coral and clam mantle alone. (BTW CB is no longer in the tank with the Flame) In both cases, need alot of rock work for them to feel comfortable. Good luck!

bill109

Originally Posted by fisherkid91
ok thanks i think im gonna go with the CB
what do you have for fish in there now .. if you dont have a color you wanted then look towards one with the color you wanted lik the lemonpeel.. a nice yellow like a yellwo tang

X

xnikki118x

Another vote for the coral beauty. I've had mine in my reef for the better part of 4 years and she's never bothered anything.

fisherkid91

Originally Posted by bill109
what do you have for fish in there now .. if you dont have a color you wanted then look towards one with the color you wanted lik the lemonpeel.. a nice yellow like a yellwo tang
I do like the lemon peel but i've gotten more feedback about CB in reef tanks then i have lemon peel. I like them both. And right now i only have a blue damsel