angels

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by AngelMan
Have you seen the video I posted of my tank?
I dont find them to be slow eaters at all.
They rip anything I put in there.
Check out how fast they eat here.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/287196/new-to-forum-my-225-gallon-tank/40
By turning yellow, are you referring to a juvi changing to adult? That is an awesome stage. I truly enjoyed seeing one from juvi to full adult. Cool if you can pull it off.
Food rots away? Your fish must have an eating problem or something with the food or feeding too much.
I have 8 angels (6 large) and assure you no food goes to waste.
Boring? They are so cool. You don't see tangs swimming sideways trying to squeeze through tight openings. A couple of mine love to be scratched. They are clowns flipping themselves around in through the rocks. They have personality.
As far as vitamins, I have had many of these fish for close to 10 yrs (one of them that long - the Emperor). Don't give vitamins. Just feed Spectrum which they take to within seconds of first feeding. Many in this hobby confuse a varied diet, vitamins etc as cause of health issues. More important to me is good water quality. Give them a good quality food and keep their water quality max and they do just fine. Mine eat Spectrum, with occasional shrimp when I feed the eel. I have to do that so they can leave the eel alone. Other than that, they have no clue what other foods are.
Ditto!! My angels are waiting at the top of the tank following my hand to inahilate whatever I put in the tank.
They are the fastest eaters (minus the trigger). They are pigs and will devour an entire cube of mysis in seconds.
As for the water quality...I also fully agree. Without this angels will not survive long.
As for fun to watch? My favorite fish is the Emperor cause he cruises around the tank like a jumbo jet. So graceful. I have built 10-15 caves within my rocks that they all like to swin through. I change them around every so often and he is like a little kid waiting till I finish so he can swim through the new crevis. Both the angels (and I am noticing it from the Queen in the QT too) love to lay on their sides under the rocks and pick at them as well as turn upside down and vertical to get to various niches in the rock.
This is why I will eventually have an angel only tank!

angelman

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Ditto!! My angels are waiting at the top of the tank following my hand to inahilate whatever I put in the tank.
They are the fastest eaters (minus the trigger). They are pigs and will devour an entire cube of mysis in seconds.
As for the water quality...I also fully agree. Without this angels will not survive long.
As for fun to watch? My favorite fish is the Emperor cause he cruises around the tank like a jumbo jet. So graceful. I have built 10-15 caves within my rocks that they all like to swin through. I change them around every so often and he is like a little kid waiting till I finish so he can swim through the new crevis. Both the angels (and I am noticing it from the Queen in the QT too) love to lay on their sides under the rocks and pick at them as well as turn upside down and vertical to get to various niches in the rock.
This is why I will eventually have an angel only tank!
We both clearly have the same perspective of them.
You said something that truly describes them to me like no other fish.
You said "graceful".
How accurate.
I enjoy diving and get to see many fish in their natural environment, practically in my back yard, all over from Palm Beach County to Key West here in Florida.
We have lots of reefs the whole distance.
Don't get me wrong, I love saltwater fish, period, but...............
Nothing, nothing at all, beats hanging out and swimming with an oversized massive French.
What an experience. Angels are truly graceful.
What is great is that there are so many fish to choose for one's tank in this hobby, it is OK to have different strokes for different folks.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by AngelMan
We both clearly have the same perspective of them.
You said something that truly describes them to me like no other fish.
You said "graceful".
How accurate.
I enjoy diving and get to see many fish in their natural environment, practically in my back yard, all over from Palm Beach County to Key West here in Florida.
We have lots of reefs the whole distance.
Don't get me wrong, I love saltwater fish, period, but...............
Nothing, nothing at all, beats hanging out and swimming with an oversized massive French.
What an experience. Angels are truly graceful.
What is great is that there are so many fish to choose for one's tank in this hobby, it is OK to have different strokes for different folks.
Couldn't have said it better myself Angelman!!!! Your quote above was one of the reasons I originally bought a Frenchie!
I also fully agree with the fact that there are different strokes for different folks. You will never know what you like till you get a fish and they are at peace in your tank.