anglers, poisones fish, scary looking fish?

the topic says it, lets see some of ur guyses scary fish....or if any of u guys have any anglers, could you post some pics?

kevinf

Don't have any pics off hand and definiately cannot be kept in an aquarium, but to me the Giant Squid is one of the cooler and "scariest" ones out there. Pat of it has to do with how little is know about them and the size they get. Which is still debatable. My understanding is that there are parts off of the Pacific coast of Mexico that locals will not even swim in because of the Giant Squids in the deeper waters. Guess this is how legends and mythsa are made.:eek:

squidd

How about a "Long Horned Cow Fish"...
Not necessarily a predator or aggressive, but they do carry enough "poison" to kill your whole tank...And they have "Horns"
:thinking:

How about a toad fish. Kinda ugly, and a predator. If it fits in it's mouth it will be lunch for sure. My other ugly fish is the new stone fish. Pretty much the same as the toad fish, but uglier and poisonous.

novice150

Well, I used to have a blue ring a few years back. I kept him in a closed container inside the aquarium. The container was one of those small plastic pet cages people use for gerbils and things like that. He was a really cool pet! I fed him hermit crabs and ghost shrimp. What a viscous predator he was! He'd grab those crabs and go to town. Within minutes, there would be just a shell and some legs left.
I kept him for about five months, until my mistake cost his life. I added a puffer to the tank, thinking that the octo would be safe (he was in a closed container from which he could not escape and the puffer could not enter). I was wrong. The octo began sticking his legs through the holes in his cage, and the puffer began eating them. He died shortly thereafter.:(

grouperhead

Gorgeous octo Novice.
Snakes, they have those "peach" toads occasionally at my lfs. How do you like yours? Pretty interesting fish, I just don't have the tank for one.

The toad fish is a do nothing fish, LOL. He is a sand mover though and I have to refill in the holes he makes to make sure the live rock stays stable. He takes food off of a feeding stick and so far will eat anything. I like the fact that he just pokes hsis head out and does not move, makes it fun to stop and look at the tank. Between him and the stone fish, it makes for a very interesting tank.
In other words I like him. :yes: But they seem to grow very slow, I have had him for 8 months now and I can not really see any significant size change other than he is a little broader. He eats like a horse so I would espect a little more growth.
-Brian