anglers

sharker

Hi, I just saw an angler fish on tv and want to get one. Now I have a question, can they be kept with sharks? And is there anything bad about them besides there ugliness? ;)

lionfish

LionFish says.......
Well, anglers, along with most fish, don't make good tankmates for sharks. Although they stay out of the way that shark could possibly just swim by a pick him off a rock. They are slow going fish with a huge appetite. They are pretty cool, but are very innactive. They don't need large tanks, although a 50 gallon or better is needed to keep them happy for their life. They don't get too big. Not many species get larger than a foot and a half. I really never recommend any fish to go with sharks but then again some people get away with it. My personal feelings are not to do it. They really wouldn't make too good of tankmates with sharks. Anglers do much better in species tanks set apart for just them. Hope this helps.

jeffsz28

i've had a bunch of angler fish and never really had to much luck with them. fish would mess with them,or they wouldn't eat and if they did had to be guppies and my other fish always got them first. they don't live very long in a tank. longest i ever had one was like acouple months and came home one day and my star fish was eating him???