annemone light and skimmer

dennis26

I have a 26 g reef and i just got BTA for my occellaris (can't spell) and now im reading that the tank may be too small. The BTA is about 4 inches big and i dont even have any skimmer yet im thinking about the AQUA C Remora and my lighting is only factory.... the 15W bolb.
do i need to upgrade the light and skimmer as soon as possible or do i have some time on my hands to pick and buy it.
what would u reccomend in your oppinion?:help:
what kind of lighting ?
I have a spotail butterfly also but i havent seen her to pick on the bubble tip yet seems to ignore it
dennis

viper_930

IMO, you should get a skimmer and good lighting asap. 15 watts isn't even close to keeping an anemone alive long term.
IMO you should get MH, such as a 150 watt pendant. If that is too expensive, go with PC's. 2x65 watt at the MINIMUM. That is very very low lighting still. Get as much watts of PC lights as you can if you can't get mh. I think a 3x65 watt PC retrofit or fixture would be good enough.

dennis26

whats MH and how expensive?and is the light gonna get the water temp. go up?
My tank is only 24 inches thouh is it gonna fit ?
thank you Viper
:) Dennis

clown_nut

Some lfs and many websites will sell a coralife 150w mh pendant...price varies...but i think your looking at $150 or so.