Annularis Angelfish

osuaquarist

I am trying to find an angel for my 125 FOWLR I will be setting up this summer. I wanted a queen but was told they get way too big so I looked around and I found this guy. I absolutely love him, maybe more than the queen; on here it says 100g+ on some other sites it says 70g+ but when someone reviewed my stocklist they said that this angel would also get too big for the 125g. I just wanted some more opinions on the subject.
Thank you =)
-alex

chilwil84

not for the long haul no it will outgrow it. you could get a majestic angel a more timid large angel that would be okay long term

nicetry

Your tank would be fine with this particular angel. They're not as big as some of the other pomacanthus/holocanthus sp. I would be careful not to add other simlar sized fish, and allow the angel to be the alpha member of the tank, with other smaller dither fish.

krazykarel

I have read elswhere 75 gal to be recommended. I would go with chilwil's suggestion and get a magestic instead. I had one of those in with a couple of fairy wrasses and it didn't even bother them.

osuaquarist

Yea the magestics are cool too but I am partial to the Annularis. What kind of dithers should I get? I wanted a green bird, and some eels. Would good dithers be things like anthias? Could I get a tang maybe? how about some suggestions =)