anomies??

toytek

I have had problems with anomies living in my tank.
What am I doing wrong?
I have not had one for a year,I do have 3 flower or rock
anomies and they are pretty,green,off white and brown with
white and pink tips.Never have a problem with them.
Seabays, in a week they turn off white and die??
What am I doing worng, the clowns love them,but they die
and stink bad!
Help:(
toytek

D

daniel411

They're incredibly difficult to maintain. Often die suddenly for no apparent reason even by experts in salt water. Yet others will survive in tank crashes that will kill everything else... go figure. On top of that in the wild they can live basically "forever"....

a&m aggie 04'

like others have said, anemones are very hard to keep- even for experts. They require strong lighting, stable water conditions and proper feeding. Id recommend that you not keep buying them if they are dying. You'll save money and you're clowns will be just as happy.
HTH,
Mark

bdhough

We need more info on your tank. Especially lighting and the parameters.
Rock anemones/aptasia don't really need light.

sammystingray

A quick search reveals you have two 40 watt lights? Here's a VERY quick tip....anemones that you buy are actually two lifeforms....they are seperate and can actually live apart from each other at times. The animal may be what you are thinking about, but this animal allows a special kind of algae to enter into it's tissue and live. This algae is called zooxanthellae. Why would an anemone do this? because the algae photosynthesizes in good lighting and feeds the coral with starches and whatnot, and in return, the algae gets a stable protected place to live.....inside the coral.....if the algae that lives inside a coral or anemone does not get the proper lighting, it will die, and the coral or anemone will bleach......turn white. You don't have enough light to keep anemones, or most corals either IMO.

toytek

No anomie tank!
Guess i will stick to them there rock one's.
I just thought that clowns had to have a home to be happy!
Thanks,
toytek