ANOTHER Anemone question......

jkcrumb

OK..........The last post named "Anemones" helped me out a bit but I still need to ask my question. I have a BTA in a 125g under 250MH's & T5's (MH - 6hrs a day, T5's 12hrs a day)
My question is, he always stays behind my liverock (out of site) which means because of my aquascaping he is getting shaded from the light. Also, when he is fully expanded its almost 10" long but recently he has shrunk up and closed up like he was when I first got em (1.5 months ago).
Is this normal???
I juat did a 10% water change 3 nights ago and all my levels are currently stable.
Here is a pic so you can see what it looks like (i have a piece of LR holding it up in the pic)

and here is a shot of my whole setup

1journeyman

When I moved my aquarium my BTA hid for almost a month. It eventually came back out, horribly bleached, but survived and is now doing great.
If it has crawled to a spot out of the light then there is something it's unhappy about.

jkcrumb

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
When I moved my aquarium my BTA hid for almost a month. It eventually came back out, horribly bleached, but survived and is now doing great.
If it has crawled to a spot out of the light then there is something it's unhappy about.
My maroon clown is obsessed with it..........I know this is common but could it be pissin the BTA off??? As far as you can see (from its coloring) does it look somewat healthy???????? Im afraid it will crash my tank if its gonna die soon.

dawman

"If it has crawled to a spot out of the light then there is something it's unhappy about"
Not necessarily , some BTAs will shy away from extreme light . One of mine that I`ve had for years will sit under a rack and when it wants it will reach out to get light , which by the way is healthy and maybe happy but haven`t seen a smile yet .

On the other hand one of the other ones likes to stay out in the light all day , everyday and been going strong for a few years now .

1journeyman

True. If it has stuck it's foot in a crevice and is reaching out then it is fine.
From the OP, however, I took it to mean it's completely shaded.