Another Fish Limit Thread

kornele23

I have a 180g w/75g sump. My wife wants to add more fish, but I'm not sure how much more room we have. If I can add how many more inches do I have to work with. I forgot the whole inches per gallon formula.
I have (number of inches):
Yellow Tang (4)
Purple Tang (7)
Koran Angel (5)
Dragon Goby (4)
Pair of Clowns (3 each)
3 Chromis' (2 each)
Green Mandarin (2)
Sixline (1.5)
My wife wants to add a Flame Angel.
I want to add a Queen Angel (Show).
What do yall think?

kjr_trig

Personally I think you could do either. Koran and Queen are not in the same Genus which is good. I would get the Queen as a juvi, i.e. smaller than the Koran. That way the Koran would not really feel "threatened" by him. I am guessing with a 75 gallon sump, you have rather good filtration.
Flame would certainly work too. You could even do a couple of Dwarfs instead of one large angel. Say Flame and Lemonpeel or Coral Beauty or Bicolor, etc. Dwarf Angels add a nice "splash" of color.

srfisher17

If a "show" specimen means a full grown queen angel (possibly 15"+); I wouldn't. Adult large angels are difficult to acclimate, become very territorial. IMO, all large angel species should be purchased in the juvi, or at least a small, size. I wouldn't put a huge new fish in with your mandarins, they like things on the quiet side. I think kjr_trig has some good suggestions on the smaller angels.

kornele23

Thank you very much for your responses.
So what yall are saying is that I have plenty of room for more fish. I have to talk to my wife and see what we want to do. If we do go with the Queen, I'll get a juvi.
Anybody know about how much room I do have to work with?
Thanks

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Kornele23
http:///forum/post/2714408
Thank you very much for your responses.
So what yall are saying is that I have plenty of room for more fish. I have to talk to my wife and see what we want to do. If we do go with the Queen, I'll get a juvi.
Anybody know about how much room I do have to work with?
Thanks
You already have 3 large fish that have a lot of growing to do. I really think a queen angel would be pushing it. They get huge. This is another of those many gray areas, IMO, that just don't have a simple answer. But I wouldn't put another big fish in your tank; IMO, problems would develop as the fish grew. But, who knows for sure? Just be ready to get him out if you need to.

kornele23

You may be right about getting a Queen. My wife doesnt like them anyways. I just dont want another little fish. I want something that is big and bold....lol. I would love a Trigger, but I have shrimp.

cjqsmom

what about a large blonde naso tang. Mine gets along with my purple tangs. Plus as a added plus he is usually swimming in the front of the tank. I love mine and he loves me cuz everytime I go to look in the tank he just gets right infront of my face wanting me to give him some seaweed. He actually takes it from my hand.