Another Hurricane!!!!

mr. tuna

There is another hurricane hitting florida. I am half way across the world right now ( in isreal ) and my dad is taking care of my 92 reef. problem is.. the power just went off at my house, and my dad CANT GET THE GENERATOR STARTED! and i only have one battery powered airstone running now. the power has been off for an hour so far.. i hope it can be fixed asap. i really dont want to loose everything i had.

I will let you all know hows everything going in the next few hours..
_Tuna

tangman99

I ran one battery powered airstone in my 90 gallon reef last year for almost 8 hours with no problems. But I was neverous as heck because I did not know beforehand how long the power would be off and how long everything would be ok with one airstone. Good luck and check those generators ahead of time.

mr. tuna

My dad called and said the power went back on.. and everything is fine. The coral arent doing great.. but they should recover because he said that they are not too bad. i hope.
_Tuna

mimzy

Hey Tuna - where in Israel?
Need meals?
I've got bajillions of relatives... let me know! :yes:

mr. tuna

Hey Mimzy!
Im in Shoham.. its really close to the airport. ( Ben Gurion Airport ).
Thanks.
_Tuna

mimzy

School? Touring? Army? Kibbutz?
Staying in dorms? Hotel? Hostel? With family?
Is it your 1st time there?
Go to Haifa - The beaches on Nachsholim and Chof Dor have THE MOST AMAZING food/diving/snorkeling!!!! ...Aside from Eilat, of course :joy:
Watch out for Jellyfish though... was there last summer on a dig and we were overrun by basketball sized Meduzot.
They come up from the suez canal...not even indigenous, grrr!!!
How'd your fishtank do, by the way? Good luck! And E-mail me if you need meals... All my relatives are in Tel-Aviv area. Mimzywhimzy@yahoo.com
Oh...and if you need a really good Taxi driver, let me know that also - He usually works central to Northern Israel - like between the Kineret and Chof Dor, but if you want to put a couple pple together and go on a whole tour, he'll do that for you from anywhere. Really great guy. Very embarrassed to speak english though - how's your Hebrew?

ericp2311

Originally Posted by Mimzy
School? Touring? Army? Kibbutz?
Staying in dorms? Hotel? Hostel? With family?
Is it your 1st time there?
Go to Haifa - The beaches on Nachsholim and Chof Dor have THE MOST AMAZING food/diving/snorkeling!!!! ...Aside from Eilat, of course :joy:
Watch out for Jellyfish though... was there last summer on a dig and we were overrun by basketball sized Meduzot.
They come up from the suez canal...not even indigenous, grrr!!!
How'd your fishtank do, by the way? Good luck! And E-mail me if you need meals... All my relatives are in Tel-Aviv area. Mimzywhimzy@yahoo.com
Oh...and if you need a really good Taxi driver, let me know that also - He usually works central to Northern Israel - like between the Kineret and Chof Dor, but if you want to put a couple pple together and go on a whole tour, he'll do that for you from anywhere. Really great guy. Very embarrassed to speak english though - how's your Hebrew?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you"ve been to Israel?
Eric

mimzy

LoL, yes indeed.
Lived there as a student for a year, spent last summer there on an archeological dig...been there about 4 different times and we're going back (G-d willing) in March!!! :joy:
CAN'T WAIT!!!!
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

pco1988

I would love to go there some time in my life. My parents went there about 20 years ago went on a american tour and stayed in a Kibbutz for a week. When they were at the Kibbutz the locals and my father went into the Dead Sea.
Where is the best place to go if and when I go?

mimzy

Pco, it all depends on what you like to do!! :yes:
A country smaller than the size of NJ and it's got almost every ecosystem on the planet within its tiny borders. (and some that dont exist elsewhere - there are 7 craters in Israel unique to the area - created by water, and there's nothin like em anywhere else on the whoooole planet!)
U can ski YES- Israel has SKIING!!), u can surf, u can dive, u can snorkel, u can camp in the dessert, u can shop in flea markets, u can shop in high end fashionista boutiques, u can ride horses, u can go to kibbutzim, u can stay in world class hotels, you can stay at youth hostils, you can boat, you can fish, you can go to art museums, you can go to history museums, you can do an archeological dig, you can plant trees, you can take a full country tour or go it alone...oh I could go on forever.
There is ONE constant throughout the entire country, however, and that is the FOOD. You will eat like a king the entire time you're there - and if u eat at a burger king I'll fly over and kill you myself

MY fav places to go are Massada (huge fortress from Roman times, the story will give you goosebumps), Ein Geddi (amazing dessert park with waterfalls, connected to the Dead Sea resort..which is LOADS of fun), Eilat (the southernmost point with the best beach related activities) and Banyas (more waterfalls).
Then of course the Old City is awesome - something for everyone, even us agnostics

But I have hardly touched upon the things you might see - e-mail me w/ specifics and we'll hook you up! Mimzywhimzy@yahoo.com
Lordy I just don't know why I don't work for the tourist agency there