another light question!

brewski4u1

i searched and search but nothing helped ! soo here it goes
i'm gettin a 20gal bowfront and i want to be able to keep anything and everything in it and dont want to have to upgrade lights later! i was thinking a 150mh clipon am i gonna need a chiller and is that going to be to much lighting its like 7.5w per gallon!
thanks

dragonzim

It shouldnt be too much light. I'd wait on the chiller till you see how it effects your temperature. If your temp does go up, you could try a small fan blowing at the water surface. That should drop your temp by a few degrees. You'll just have to make sure you keep up on your top offs.

ciroth

Originally Posted by DragonZim
It shouldnt be too much light. I'd wait on the chiller till you see how it effects your temperature. If your temp does go up, you could try a small fan blowing at the water surface. That should drop your temp by a few degrees. You'll just have to make sure you keep up on your top offs.
Could you direct me to where I could find such fans? I have heard of these and am having trouble finding them

brewski4u1

Originally Posted by Ciroth
Could you direct me to where I could find such fans? I have heard of these and am having trouble finding them

you can get the little fans at radio shack! or hobbie store maybe

ciroth

Didn't know if there were any that were made to just hook on the aquarium or something :notsure: