Another Lighting question

Agfencer98

Hey everyone,

I have a 240 gallon aquarium that I am in the process of setting up for the first time in about 4 years. Either while in storage, or during moving (Im leaning towards the latter, though I cant prove it), my MH fixture was damaged beyond repair, not that it was a great one anyway.

I am now, like many others, looking for lighting options for the tank. It is 6 ft wide, and I believe 30" deep, but it is still in a crate at the moment and cant measure.

I was given two fluval aquasky led bars that I will put in the hood for novelty sake with the weather features and all, but I am looking for feedback or suggestions of how I should put together a lighting system that will handle just about anything.

Whatever help or suggestions anyone can give, Id appreciate it. I just bought and moved into a house, so Id like to spend as little as I can for a good result.

Thanks in advance!

2quills

LED seems to be the popular choice these days but halides and T5s still work great just as they always have.

I'd figure out a budget first and foremost then go from there. Led fixture capable of keeping just about anything on a 240g can get pretty pricey pretty fast.

Some of the cheaper brands would be..

Mars Aqua
Reef Breeders

Some of the more popular higher end brands would be..

Kessel
Aqua Illuminations
Echotech

Those are the top 5 I can think of that I'm confident folks have had success with.