ANOTHER lr question

dinks

ok, searched the archives..but none really seemed to answer my question.
I am finally going reef! The break down started today on the FO tank. My LFS is keeping them until i am ready to get them back. :)
OK, since I have to recycle anyway, caan I just scrub good and let it cyc;e with my tank? Or do I need to cure it?
Thanks guys,
dinks

ejensen

Curing LR and cycling a tank the same time is IMO the best way to do it. Only bad thing is the rock could smell up your house. I would suggest starting off in a trash can in the garage. Then in to the tank after the smell goes down.

dinks

Probably not a bad idea..lol, tank is in MB...I would hate to get divorced over a smelly tank...naw, he can deal with it. OR ELSE!!

I would like to make this as simple as possibble over to reef, tank is COMLETELY broke down, so will need to recycle anyway.
My other other concern, is I have seen some of yall's tanks...gorgeous, but I am afraid I may not set my rock right, and the rock slide and burst my tank. The MB was decorated by me, and for me (I just let hubby sleep in it) I have beautiful new carpet....oh the horror of my 75g breaking

What is so funny, I have one piece of art that is is less than what I plan to put in tank

ok, but I would still do the scrubby scrubby, right?
dinks