Another Mantis - terminated

lv-reefer

Yep, found another Mantis in my live rock that I'm curing. This one is the biggest of the 3 that I've found. I first saw him in a hole when I was doing a water change. I took the rock out and put it in fresh water for about 5 minutes, nothing. I then read up on the soda water method, but I didn't have any. So I put the rock back into a bucket of saltwater, got my turkey blaster out and began to suck and blast away at his hole. I then got out my niffty Tamiya modeling tweezers stuck them in the hole, and pulled out a 3 incher little beasty. He was already dead, I was hoping to put him in with the other mantis that I've already caught. I hear him snapping and poping all the time, he's only about 1.5 inches. Well, just thought I would share my mantis adventure. 3 more weeks of curing live rock. Oh btw, mussels SMELL SO BAD when they die!!!

shep

I think the mantis is cool looking and wanted to start atank or one. how many have them and have devoted tank just to them? And what success have you had and what are pros and cons of doing it?

lv-reefer

I have one of them that survived, he's just in a glass cookie jar right now with some LS and LR and a nass snail. He's pretty cool. I just change his water once a week for now until I get a tank with a filter. I may pick up one of those 2.5 mini bows from ***** for him. I haven't seen him eat anything but have heard him snapping and poping.