another pic (better)

drummerbum

My only question is why do you have a blue hippo tang in a 55g???????
they need at least a 6ft tank for swimming room

jacknjill

you dont have to start a new thread everytime. hit the reply button instead of the new thread button

americo

Originally posted by DrummerBum
My only question is why do you have a blue hippo tang in a 55g???????
they need at least a 6ft tank for swimming room

because i like it, and when it get big i will trade it in for a small fish, im thinking achilles tang.

liontamer

HOLD up....achilles tang not happening. U might be able to slide with a Kole tang, but still, the yellow is enough. Im surprised it aint total warfare in there. And achilles arent small, they do get about 8 inches i believe. Umm...can i say "ich attack"?

blemmy_guy

Your tank looks great, and for now your tangs look great! How old is your tank?? Youve got a great variety in there!! Sorry about the stong willed people on here that want to inforce there Tang rules on you, there really nice people i promise, there just watching out for the Tangs i promise, they dont mean any harm. Keep those pics a comin. thanx for the looksee!! Todd

americo

Originally posted by Blemmy_Guy
Your tank looks great, and for now your tangs look great! How old is your tank?? Youve got a great variety in there!! Sorry about the stong willed people on here that want to inforce there Tang rules on you, there really nice people i promise, there just watching out for the Tangs i promise, they dont mean any harm. Keep those pics a comin. thanx for the looksee!! Todd

My tank is 7 months old. I'm still learning. I'm just gonna let them grow & get rid of them when they're big.

americo

Originally posted by Liontamer
HOLD up....achilles tang not happening. U might be able to slide with a Kole tang, but still, the yellow is enough. Im surprised it aint total warfare in there. And achilles arent small, they do get about 8 inches i believe. Umm...can i say "ich attack"?

that is why you have to use a UV STERILIZER

jacknjill

your tank is still way too small for an achilles tang. they get huge. also, when you buy a fish, you should buy it for life. not just until you get tired of it or it gets too big

americo

Originally posted by JacknJill
your tank is still way too small for an achilles tang. they get huge. also, when you buy a fish, you should buy it for life. not just until you get tired of it or it gets too big

so, if you like to have a kind of fish bad, that means that you can have it because you wont have the room for it in a year or so? i dont think so i love my fish and i already have it so, what you want me to do now?

clown-lover

my LFS will buy back fish when they get too large for a tank and they will put it in one of their display tanks.
as long as you have the accomadations to keep a certain type of fish alive and healthy....even if it's only for a short period of time, more power to ya!!!!!
many people buy fish for a smaller tank and say it's with the intention of moving it to a larger tank (once it gets too big). Well, that's the same thing as what he is doing....instead of it being a larger tank of his, it's for a larger tank of someone elses.
I think your tank is beautiful. I only hope to have a tank as pretty as yours. and i think it's nice that you are providing a 'half-way-house' for your fish until they are big enough to move to a larger tank.

sweetreef

lol i have my hippo in my 45 gallon and i go and put him in my 165 gallon and he dont like it in there so i put him back in my 45 gallon and he is happy for all fish fish love alot of live rock to hide in thats the plus... Always about tank size if the fish is happy dont mess with it thats what i say!!!And alot of ppl drilling on other ppl putting a tang in a smaller tank buy the looks of americo tank the hippo looks happy to me so americo keep up the good work nice tank btw:D

americo

thank you guys, this person have me feeling so guilty you dont have any idea, but thanks againg for the vote of confidence

sweetreef

the tang to stay away from is the powder blue tang they get ich just buy looking at them funny very awsome looking fish and also my fav..tryied one at one time had it for about 4 months then got ich a very tuff one to keep what really gets me fired up when you see the pros at *****...lol have a few of them in someday i wish the would just stop saltwater fish all at once are maby pay out a little more and get ppl that know what there doing...

americo

Originally posted by sweetreef
the tang to stay away from is the powder blue tang they get ich just buy looking at them funny very awsome looking fish and also my fav..tryied one at one time had it for about 4 months then got ich a very tuff one to keep what really gets me fired up when you see the pros at *****...lol have a few of them in someday i wish the would just stop saltwater fish all at once are maby pay out a little more and get ppl that know what there doing...

what about the achilles tangs, you have any experience with those?

fishy411

Originally posted by americo
that is why you have to use a UV STERILIZER

Im not trying to be an

[hr]
but i think a UV sterilizer only gets rid of Free floating Virus's and Bacteria. Ich would already Be present On the fish so i dont think It would entirely prevent it but it should Help. Good luck.