Another sand question with pics!

lagatbezan

Hi,
I have been in search of sothdown sand and had no luck finding any! been told its not in season. the only other type of white that i found was made by Ace Crete. can someone tell me if its any good or not? Can I use this for my tank or is there any type of testing i can do to make sure that its ok to use? I have some pictures of it posted.
thanks for the help.

cowfishrule

dont use that
and southdown sand doesnt have a season, the home depot's here in jersey are loaded with them
:nope:

lagatbezan

Whats wrong with this sand?
Actually they tell me that its a seasonal thing and that they don't get it till march-april.
Which HP in NJ has it? I have checked every HD in NY and they have none and will not order.

pwnag3!!

^werd
silica sand sucks... i had a tank with that same sand (for masonry) mixed with more silica sand that wasnt as fine..... dont waste your time. its very sharp and doesnt support microfauna or anything else that might thrive in the sand bed

lagatbezan

thanks everyone. I will not be using that sand. After making many phone calls, i found a HD in NJ (thanks COWFISHRULE) that had like 30 bags, so i managed to get 10 bags! i felt like a little kid in a toy store when i saw the bags in HD lol.
now i can get started on my 240