Another Stock List (58 gallon)

hops523

Hows it going? Ive been out of the hobby for awhile, but I couldnt stay away too long haha. I will more than likely be getting a 58 gallon tank, and hopefully this weekend. Im just having a little trouble with the stock list. I will eventually be getting some lps coral, and a bubble tip anemone. But for now Ill just focus on fish. So far this is what Ive come up with:
-2 Yellowstripe Maroon Clowns, or 2 Ocellaris Clowns
-School of Firefish
-Marine Betta
Im guessing the marine betta might be a little too big for a 58, and he might bother the firefish, so Im not too sure about that idea. Another issue is since Im getting a school of firefish Im pretty positive I wouldnt be able to stock a pseudochromis or a royal gramma, but Im having a hard time thinking of another smaller fish to go in the tank. Maybe some type of goby, or sixline wrasse? Im not a big fan of cardinalfish, or hawkfish.
Can anyone give me a little advice? The main things Id like for this tank are: 2 clownfish, some type of schooling fish, and any other fish that will get a long with them, and are reef safe. Haha being out of the hobby for a little makes you lose some memory.
Thanks

fishonlyman

A marine betta is fine for a 58 gallon. But I would not recommend firefish, or a percula clown. They are at a small risk of being swallowed. A maroon clown should be okay, but add two at your own risk. (However, an increased chance of success is possible if you add them at the same time.) Marine bettas are generally reef safe. So, maybe you can get away in having a fowlr tank with an extermely small amount of coral, and a bubbletip anemone, with around three 5-7 inch fish(including marine betta), with the betta as the aquarium's centerpiece.
If you want more of a variety in your tank, get around six 3-5 inch fish, you can get a yellow wrasse, 3 green chromis as your schooling fish, maybe one firefish goby, and one percula clown.

hops523

Yeah Id be adding the clowns at the same time, I think if I got two maroons I wouldnt get the marine betta. Matter of fact I might just throw out the idea of the marine betta no matter what I do.
I actually found someone who lives close to me who has a few hundred clownfish available, one of the parents is an onyx clown, and the other is ocellaris, but the babies look ocellaris. So I might just get two of those guys.
I like the idea of adding maybe 4 more fish like the yellow coris wrasse, etc. But if I do add a wrasse, Im not sure of what else I can add. Cant add another wrasse, pseudochromis, or royal gramma, could I? Not a big fan of the blue chromis. I thought about a shrimp goby, but I dont want a small fish like that. Haha I know... Im a little picky.