Antennata's How big do they get & who will not get eaten ?

I saw this antennata and just had to have him. Problem started with my cleaner shrimp
being snacked on minutes upon his arrival into tank. LFS said he will get 5 inches max
his tankmates are 1 Tomatoe Clown,1 Purple Firefish,1 Manderine 1 Dwarf Cleaner Wrasse
1 small Naso Tang 1 Large Coral Beauty.
Tank set up is a 46 gal bowfront with 3.5 in
live sand base 49.5 lbs of cured live rock
My question is are his tankmates gonna be safe or am I gonna have to buy a seperate tank ???Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :confused:

heithingi

Hi,
From my studies, he can get up to 7.9 inches. And yes, you better get another tank, most of your other fish are going to become lunch!
Lynda

lionfish

LionFish says......
Ah I have an Antennata at the time. They really are cool fish aren't they. But unfortunately you did the number 1 nono in the hobby. You should always research a fish before you buy it. Because now your fish are in danger from one helluva hunter. Those suckers can get larger than 8 inches and they are too friendly to inverts and small fish. They need a minimum of a 55 gallon tank but I recommend a 75 because it gives them enough room to swim in. You better get a seperate tank. But by the time you get it up and cycled your firefish, wrasse, mandarin, and possibly your clown could all be gone. Please research a fish before you buy it.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'm gonna trade him or start a new tank for him. If I start a new tank I think my wife will put me in the doghouse. :rolleyes: