any 1 know about these?

Thinking about buying these for my tank cause i dont have a canopy. just thought i would see if anyone has used them and what they think about them. thanks mike

attml

I have one that I have been running for just about a year. So far no problems. I have heard of others that had problems but so far so good with me. I wouldn't recomend it for SPS corals or calms, but it does a pretty good job for my soft & LPS corals. If you think you want to keep clams & SPS corals down the road you should seriously consider a metal halide fixture! Good luck!

m.rogers

i have the same lighting as well and am very happy with it. it is on my 72 bofront with soft and lsp corals like attml sad i would stay away from sps and clams .
mike

I too have the exact set up on my 55 and all my softies look awesome. I will tell you I have the stand/legs on mine and still had to put a fan blowing acccross the underside of the lights due to heat issues but I am sure that is the same with any lighting.
Rich

Thanks for the replies. I think that i am going with them. it will be in september cause i have to put money back but if a sale comes up dont think that i wont get them. but dont tell the wife that. lol
thanks mike

krux

there are a lot of companies putting out similar pendant style hoods now for folks in your situation. if you ever want to do sps or clams save another month and get a setup that looks like this... you can find about half a dozen retailers that have them in any issue of fama.