Any advice on propagating this?

fla boy

Does anyone know how to propagate this? It has grown very well. It is probably 6 or 8 times the size it was when I bought it. This is a new venture for me.

speg

That a leather? It looks pretty nice whatever it is.. i'll take a piece when you frag it :)
If its a leather just cut a area thats in a V shape and get a rock.. take a rubberband and place it in the middle of the V and wrap the rubberband around a rock and within a week or two it should take hold.

fla boy

Thanks Speg. It is a finger leather. When I cut off a branch, should it be cut smooth against the existing stalk? I am working in Chicago now but when I get home to Fla I plan to try the frag. I will contact you when I get them stabliized. What do you know about shipping xenia? Do they ship overnight okay? If so, do they need minimal water? in a bag or thermos? I am overrun with pulsing xenia and need to trade off quite a few stalks.

speg

When I cut my tree leather I did it smooth as possible against the main stalk/trunk if you wanna call it that... after about a week you start to notice it growing itself back. As far as the Xenia.. I dunno.. I tried to get people from here to buy them from me but they all wussed out when I told them the shipping prices.. I would try to keep the xenia as stationary as possible for sure... xenia shipping is tough.