Any beachcombers in Florida?

shogun323

I think I know a couple good spots for em. One of them being a friends backyard in Crystal Beach. I'll check it out and let you know.

aw2x3

Hey, Bang...my girlfriend, AmandaL here on the board, lives in Melbourne and we collect mangroves from Sebastian Inlet year round, just about.
Last year, I collected over 400 Nassarius Snails, 10 large hermits and 10 Mangroves, in the course of a few hours.
Let me talk to her, see if she has time and if so, I'll pass along her email address to you. You guys can get in contact and get things worked out.
If she doesn't have time, I'll be down there in 2 weeks or so and would gladly collect for you, while I'm out doing my own.

bang guy

Originally Posted by shogun323
I think I know a couple good spots for em. One of them being a friends backyard in Crystal Beach. I'll check it out and let you know.
Thank you, let me know.

bang guy

Originally Posted by AW2x3
If she doesn't have time, I'll be down there in 2 weeks or so and would gladly collect for you, while I'm out doing my own.
That would be awesome!

schneidts

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Would anyone be willing to gather some Mangrove Propagules for me?
Isn't that illegal?

qreef

Would anyone be willing to gather some Mangrove Propagules for me?

Hi
how many you want?

bang guy

Originally Posted by Qreef
Hi
how many you want?
Excellent question. I'm doing an experiment with 4 seperate systems so 4 dozen would be good, an extra dozen to cover any that don't sprout would be even better.
If you could e-mail me at guynwarsaw@yahoo.com we can discuss the shipping costs that I need to cover.

shogun323

Excellent question. I'm doing an experiment with 4 seperate systems so 4 dozen would be good, an extra dozen to cover any that don't sprout would be even better.
If you could e-mail me at guynwarsaw@yahoo.com we can discuss the shipping costs that I need to cover.
Would you be willing to fork out bail money if I get arrested?

shogun323

Don't pull any off of trees and don't pull any out of the mud.
So that is a no? ok LOL!!!!

bang guy

Originally Posted by shogun323
So that is a no? ok LOL!!!!
You can pick them up off the beach if there are no visible roots and they are laying on top of the sand.

aw2x3

You can pick them up off the beach if there are no visible roots and they are laying on top of the sand.
That's exactly what I do.
At Sebastian Inlet, that I mentioned earlier, there are hundreds just laying around, on the beach. On the previous collecting trip, I brought back 10 or so...but none made it thru the winter, when I had to put them in a holding tank in my garage.

bigarn

Originally Posted by lovethesea
I wanna be a beachcomber.......
a good start would be leaving Missouri ...

bang guy

Originally Posted by AW2x3
That's exactly what I do.
At Sebastian Inlet, that I mentioned earlier, there are hundreds just laying around, on the beach. On the previous collecting trip, I brought back 10 or so...but none made it thru the winter, when I had to put them in a holding tank in my garage.
I will accept them from anyone willing to go through all the trouble to ship them. Just let me know!

qreef

When do you want? YGM

shogun323

Bang, I went out today and decided to scope out the mangroves. All the propagules I found were all still attached to the trees, so I let them be. I am going to Honeymoon Island tomorrow so i will have a look for you while I am there. The weather is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! ~Wade