Any bodybuilders out there?

musclefish

Just wandering if there is any other cmpetitive bodybuilders out there. I have been competing for three years now. Just won my third 1st place two weeks ago. I have one more show on July 10th, its for the Indiana state championship. I am 5'5 and compete around 175lbs at about 3 to 4 % bodyfat. I weigh 207 in the offseason. My wife is also a figure competitor. She also won two weeks ago, it was a really good show for us. We are both just ready to eat. This will be our third show this summer and we are tired and grumpy. but it makes it all worth it when you can go back and look at the pictures. We also have two boys, a 6 and 3 year old, so we are very busy, but we enjoy it and support each other. Just looking to talk to other bodybuilders.

sammystingray

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
Yeah im a body builer, iv been competing for 2 years now, but i havent really one any! i dont knwo why though, i get alot of chicks at my school, and no guys mess with me, so thats pretty cool, here is a pic of me at my last compition....

sTaaY in sKooL.

aarone

I work out 5 times a week....I just started to gain weight....Im getting buff....I rock
shootin for 190 comin from 135 at 6'1"

redqueen

Hey Musclefish,
That is some pretty good weight on someone 5'5! I have never done any competitive bodybuilding but I did participate in some local powerlifting events. I got up to 205lbs but I'm 5'9.
Is it just me or has bodybuilding lost some popularity in the last few years? What do you think?
Arrone, I think 190 sounds like a good weight for a girl 6'1.

aarone

yeah since im a man,
I understand why you said that though...that is my girlfriend in the avatar lol

fishman830

Originally posted by aarone
I work out 5 times a week....I just started to gain weight....Im getting buff....I rock
shootin for 190 comin from 135 at 6'1"

wow i must be fat.. or maybe it's all muscle.. that's what i like sayin ' i'm 5'3" and 120lbs

nemo lover

Not a body builder. But I do try to stay in shape. I do cardio everyday , and lift weights every other day. and have kids so yeah I stay active.
muscle fish do you have pics you could post of you, and your wife from your last competition?

musclefish

I have some pics on my computer from a couple of years ago. It was my first compition. but I am not sure how to post them. I actually have a professonial photographer coming from new york next week, so I should have some really good pics in a couple of weeks.l

musclefish

redqueen, I really dont think that bodybuilding has slowed down in the last few years, but there is a lot of negative talk about because of all the steroids. Alot of people think that if they take steroids they could look like that to. But the truth of the matter is that bodybuilding is a complete lifestyle. I do 2 hours of cardio a day, one hour of weight training, eat five meals a day. Everything is weighed and measured. Right now I am only eating 1800 calories a day. It is more like a second job, just more rewarding.

fmarini

musclefish- you look awesome, great thickness and symmetry. Thats alotta mass on a 5'5" frame.
Do you have any problems w/ the judges and your tatts? Ive found they tend to like none althou a few professional have them now.
I competed way back in the day, I was competeing when Mike matarazzo and paul Demayo were my local competition, 87-89. I used to do well, but when your up against dudes like Demayo who in 88 were a freakshow you couldn't compare. Sad part is they actually never did anything once they got their procards.
I think bodybuilding has slowed from the mainstream, the womens event have really downplayed freakyness and mass and gone "fitness type", and the men don't have a real star. I'v been disappointed w/ the politics, ie, the current Mr O. Jay has won the past 2 yrs hands down and they still give it away. saddly it shows by the lack of coverage on ESPN and the media.
Anyway for me at least after i figured i couldn't make a living at it, i focused on school, stopped the lifestyle, cleaned up and now just keep in shape. Its more about bein healthy, just try to keep the weight under control and last year, all my years of training finally caught up w/ me, I ruptured 3 cervical discs. Now i'm happy to be heatlhy, forget the muscles.
It sounds like you've got a great handle on everything, and your life is well balanced
frank

musclefish

FMarini, thanks for the complements. Yes, your right, its not really about being healthy, just looking freaky. I know that I am not very healthy right now, but for most of the year I am. Its just the last few weeks that really get to you, and since I am doing three shows this year it has been even harder. I can not wait to eat like a normal person again. I am hoping to make some money from this in a few years and I really enjoy competing. I do agree with the politics. I finally decided to just be happy with myself and not worry about how I place. As long as I keep getting better, I am happy with myself. As for as the tatts, they have not hurt me yet. I am getting some professional pics taking this week, so I will see how it goes then, but they can always airbursh them if they want.
I think bodybuilding is starting to change slowly, with people loke Dexter Jackson, they are starting to look at the overall shape and not just the pure freaks like Ronnie.
You were also talking about womens bodybuiling, my wife is a figure competitor. that division is getting huge. Hopefully it will help bring things back to the mainstream. they are very beatiful women, with muscles but they are not freaky looking. Its always good to here of people taking care of themselfs and I hope everything is ok with your back. best of luck with everthing and again thanks, Chad