Any coral that a Koran Angel won't eat.....

copeseter

I have a fish only with a coral beauty and a Koran Angel. It looks rather boring and I would like to add some corals if there are any that the Angel will not pick on or eat. I have put a couple of small frags to test the waters but they don't last long. lol

flower

Originally Posted by copeseter
http:///forum/post/3121998
I have a fish only with a coral beauty and a Koran Angel. It looks rather boring and I would like to add some corals if there are any that the Angel will not pick on or eat. I have put a couple of small frags to test the waters but they don't last long. lol
It ‘s not coral, but a plant… I understand fish won't eat maidens hair, it leaves a bad taste. At least it is something besides bare rock.

small triggers

why dont you try macro algaes, maidens hair is a good one, also maybe some red caulerpa?, fern caulerpa,, and many others that are colorful and add something to the tank. Corals are going to be a hit or miss, you may be safer with soft corals and mushrooms? Good Luck

novahobbies

I have a subadult Koran that I've kept since he was a Juvie. He ignores the Frogspawn, Hammer, and Torch LPS corals. He also leaves the Orange leather toadstool alone. Any mushroom or Zoa that I have tried has just turned into an expensive snack. An orange gorgonian also got demolished....so I've assumed he REALLY likes small polyp corals.

wakbrdbro

I have a Koran juvi and a 12" giant polyp mushroom and it hasn't touched it. I also have a couple of smaller mushrooms on a rock that it hasn't bothered. I will definitely be watching for it to taste test in the future and pull it out if necessary.
Good Luck. Would like to hear what you decide to put in since we are in the same boat!
Awesome fish by the way