Any ever use a Dosing Systems any luck or should i stay away from one.

sonny

Personal opinion, but dosers are very expensive... I think it would be a better use of money to invest in a calcium reactor. The new Two little fishies triple doser is around $350, and you can get the basic reactor with C02 regulator for about $400 or so. While the initial investment is higher, upkeep is much lower. You don't have to keep buying those expensive supplements like calcium buffers. You would still need to add iodine, but not calcium, carbonates, strontium, and other traces. The substrate in the reactor needs to be changed about every 6 months, but it can also be used for sand in the tank.
Sonny

ironreef

I love my doser i bought a rebuilt one for $65 works great only problem is it doeses only 2gpd but that all i need. quiet. i can send you a link.

reeffanatic

if you are dosing kalkwasser or other trace elements try using an I.V. setup...i bought one at a hospital supply store for 8 bucks and use it to dose kalkwasser,,i adjust the drip valve and drip over nite ,,then shut it off during the day so i dont have any PH spikes..
just a thought

ironreef

if you drip kalk I wouldn't worry about ph spikes it will remain stable.. its when you dump it in. I use to dose it 24-7 drip drip drip no probs

nm reef

I also use a modified IV system to dose on my reef.....I drip all top-off via this method and the only problem is the time it takes to daily mix the additives(actually about 5 minutes per day....so not much of a problem)
I use seperate 1 gal IV drip containers for kalkwasser(nightly)... seachem reef builder/reef advantage(alternating days)..sea chem ph buffer(normally only on Sunday afternoon).....
Total cost for the drip system was less than $10.00......and it works like a charm..........
[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: NM reef ]

ironreef

my doser cost $65 I can fill a 20g 40g whatever container and leave my house for 2 weeks all top off water will be replenished.it all depends on room avalible how much you need to dose aday. it all what you need or what you need to dose.medical doses can run dry 24-7