Any fraggers near Wichita, KS?

vivioo7

Yea I just started not too long ago as well. This hobby doesnt seem to be very popular in the middle of the country

wfd1008

lived in the ict for awhile and that's where i started with saltwater. why is shipping killing you? you should go to sea dreams or the aquarium at old town. also there use to be a fins and feathers out on west st. i think, don't know if it's still there. usually they didn't have a good selection, but every now and then you could find a really good deal on some corals. i don't know the guy's name at sea dreams, but he looks like an old hippie, knows his stuff about plumbing, pick his brain. also there was another place on hillside before you get to harry i think or was it gwb. kinda iffy, but worth going to check out.

vivioo7

Im only looking hard for a few pieces that I havent been able to find locally like pink birdsnest. I dont wanna pay 50 for shipping one one or two frags which is all Ive found online.

wfd1008

Originally Posted by vivioo7
http:///forum/post/2693688
Im only looking hard for a few pieces that I havent been able to find locally like pink birdsnest. I dont wanna pay 50 for shipping one one or two frags which is all Ive found online.
this may not sound right, but instead of paying 50 for one, wait and make a larger order and get mor things in. you might pay more , but if you look at it as how much did i pay for one item for shipping, it comes out less. does that make sense?

vivioo7

Yea thats why Im looking for fraggers now while I wait. If I could get everything locally and miss shipping completely thatd be best. I havent bought any coral through the mail yet so I see what your saying I just havent found everything I want in one pack

wfd1008

i know i've seen the sellers on here, but i can't remember who the are. i know that Flricordia sells alot of rics, if you get in contact with him, he might be able to get you in touch with someone. also, i think there are some down in OKC that sells and trades. don't hold me to that.

wfd1008

Originally Posted by vivioo7
http:///forum/post/2693694
Yea thats why Im looking for fraggers now while I wait. If I could get everything locally and miss shipping completely thatd be best. I havent bought any coral through the mail yet so I see what your saying I just havent found everything I want in one pack
you should go in and just ask them how much it would cost to order something in for you. that way you'll kinda have a base price to start with, you know what i mean.
also, if you do go into one for the stores, do some research, cause even though i like a couple of the places i mentioned, they ARE in it for your dollar, so just watch yourself.

lmoore2150

Originally Posted by wfd1008
http:///forum/post/2693680
lived in the ict for awhile and that's where i started with saltwater. why is shipping killing you? you should go to sea dreams or the aquarium at old town. also there use to be a fins and feathers out on west st. i think, don't know if it's still there. usually they didn't have a good selection, but every now and then you could find a really good deal on some corals. i don't know the guy's name at sea dreams, but he looks like an old hippie, knows his stuff about plumbing, pick his brain. also there was another place on hillside before you get to harry i think or was it gwb. kinda iffy, but worth going to check out.
fins and feathers is still open.
Rainbow fish is also great
its a pretty small world.

lmoore2150

check these out
Please do not post links to store websites. If they have a website they are considered a competitor of SWF.com. =]

robdog696

Whoa! Sea dreams looks like an awesome LFS! I'm from Wichita, and it's good to know what's there if I ever move back. Excellent post!

lmoore2150

Sorry about that...
can I post my local fish club link?
those werent the actual links to thier stored even, you cant buy anything off them it just gives a tour...
Just trying to show some of my LFS's

rackyrane

Check out the KC area. It's only about 3 hours away and there are several stores there. I have even seen some posters here from KC and some of them seem to have sweet set ups. Don't know how you feel about the drive, but you could make a day of it. I used to live in KC and have been told there are some good places there still.