Any Goniopora keepers?

aquaknight

My parents had one. Did great for a couple months, they feed it cyclopeeze. Then one day, it never open, and the next day it swelled up, then POOF, they were calling me to ask how they should run some filter media to strain the pieces out of the water.

We dipped it afterward, to see if it had flatworms or anything, but only some bristleworms were picking the skeleton clean...

J

jjs

I had one for about 3 years. It was very healthy great expansion. It even budded two babies in my tank. One day i woke up and some rock work had fallen on it damaged it and it slowly died afterward. I havn't bought another one because most people say they don't last to long in aquaria. If you do get one supplement it with iodine, iron and feed it about twice a week. Give it strong light and water flow. Good luck!

cactus94945

I've had two for about six months. Beautiful. I had not used any additives other than calcium and a buffer. I don't know if it is connected, but Monday I added iodine. Wed. one of the six branches of the eclipsensis (?) bubbled up brown and now the branch has shrunk to a brown, dead appendage. Should I try to prune off the branch or not mess with it?
Jim

J

jjs

I wouldn't prune it. They usualy do not recover to well from a laceration.

texasmetal

Atlantic gorgs are very hardy, easy, photosynthetic typically. Pacific gorgs are generally non-photosynthetic and are the ones with the reputation for being doomed in a tank. Unfortunately the Pacific gorgs are generally the more colorful of the bunch.
Go with corky sea fingers and purple frilly gorgonias (Muriceopsis flavida). Very easy.

reef_dart21

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
http:///forum/post/2769377
Atlantic gorgs are very hardy, easy, photosynthetic typically. Pacific gorgs are generally non-photosynthetic and are the ones with the reputation for being doomed in a tank. Unfortunately the Pacific gorgs are generally the more colorful of the bunch.
Go with corky sea fingers and purple frilly gorgonias (Muriceopsis flavida). Very easy.
he said gonipora not gorgian u made same mistake as me