Any good stories

cichlidfor

Hey guys, does anyone have any funny or amazing stories about your :happyfish. LETS here them and post some pics of your tanks!!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

jon321

Once when on a 2 day trip the outlet hose on my Filstar conister filter slipped off somehow (dog perhaps?) and the filter pumped the better half of a 77g tank on the floor. In the end lost all the carpet in the basement, wall damage, a blown filter, a rusted stand, rusted stools, tools, and other things on the ground, and lost 1 porc puffer, 1 yellow tang, 1 volitans lion, 1 niger trigger, 1 bigeye squirrelfish, 1 snowflake moray eel, and 1 tomato clown. Insurance DID cover most everything besides the fish and filter. Needless to say I use hang on power filters from now on...and for that matter dont rediculously overstock

Jon

cichlidfor

WOW. Most people would never bother to setup a another tank after a nightmare like that. Your one hobbyist. Anyone else for a go? Don't be shy now. I will cheer you on. :cheer:

steelgluer

Well its kind of amussing. My LMB keeps going into my overflow to snack on the alage. Twice I took him out cause I thought he was stcuck. So I cleaned it yeaterday looked today there he is munchin away. I left him there watched him, he got his fill and then the little bigger swam right back out right onto his power head. LMB sure are fun to watch..

jon321

haha, yes they do have some spunk eh...that reminds me of my porcupine puffer, I had that thing for like ever, it grew MASSIVE!....I always told my gf, who is now an ex....anyways, she had the biggest, bluest eyes you can imagin and I always said she reminded me of my favorite fish...needless to say that might have attributed to our current relationship :help: haha
Jon

jon321

Since this is in the photography board, I should prolly post something....my two 5-6" hermits...these things are named Hermie and Ginormous...by the same girl...haha :thinking:

Jon

jon321

The hermits are the Common Hermitcrab, Dardanus megistos. I purchased them at about that size to survive with triggers, puffers and the like. They WOULD eat any fish that wont bite back, let me tells ya.
Jon

dreamreef

Originally Posted by Jon321
Once when on a 2 day trip the outlet hose on my Filstar conister filter slipped off somehow (dog perhaps?) and the filter pumped the better half of a 77g tank on the floor. In the end lost all the carpet in the basement, wall damage, a blown filter, a rusted stand, rusted stools, tools, and other things on the ground, and lost 1 porc puffer, 1 yellow tang, 1 volitans lion, 1 niger trigger, 1 bigeye squirrelfish, 1 snowflake moray eel, and 1 tomato clown. Insurance DID cover most everything besides the fish and filter. Needless to say I use hang on power filters from now on...and for that matter dont rediculously overstock

Jon
I also have a Filstar XP3 and had just finished setting up my tank in my new home. I replaced the foam pads and carbon in the filter, but when I put the lid on the filter and put it back under my tank, I failed to notice that the rubber seal in the lid had fallen out. My filter filled with water from the tank, like it normally does, but when it reached the top it started overflowing onto the carpet. I was freakin' out because I couldn't understand where the water was coming from. What a mess!!! Anyway, about 3 stores later I found a carpet steamer to rent so I could clean up the mess. So if anyone uses a filter like this.... ALWAYS make sure you check the seal is in place before reconnecting it to your tank!!!