Any hints for setup-aquafuge

catera

what should i get? $105 for the aquafuge, i can get it for it for a little less on line but shipping and waiting i can get it all at my lfs. i can get a bunch of caulerpa from my lfs but what type do you all recommend. anyone willing to send my some when i get it set up?

catera

nobody has a refugium? cant help me decide i was going to go today but dont want top rely on just the lfs.

hondo

I have a aquafuge on my 37g reef tank. It's an OK product but not worth the Money. It also has some problems in the design as the siphon return needs to be cleared of air bubble build up every couple of weeks or it loses siphon and you get a flood. the rio PH it comes with needs to be broken down and cleaned monthly or it will fail on you. The fuge does not come with a light so you need to spend additional $$ on a light. and the siphon return does not have a screen so your snails will crawl in their a stop the siphon unless you put a screen on it. Not trying to flame the product as I have one but for the kind of $$$ they cost it should be problem free and it is not. I would not recomend this unit for your 55 as it will not make much of a difference as they are very small. for less money you could put a $10.00 ten gal tank under your stand fed by an overflow (not the CPR as it is a POS), with a mag 7 return and you have a much better refugium set up.