Any idea what these are?

emtek

These just started poping up all over my rocks. Thought for a minute that they were glass anemones, but it almost looks like the tips are rounded.

sharkboy13

those would be featherduster worms, they will grab onto ur finger and bite it clean off. jk they r feather dusters and theyre good, theyre prolly hitchhiking off new lr or sometin

V

vicegrip

If they look like this they are Majanos Anemones(pretty sure they are) and you should get rid of them.

emtek

They do look like that but they are a reddish brown color, not green. But I'm sure there are probably different kinds. Do you know how to get rid of them? I have peppermint shrimp, which took care of my glass anemone problem, but don't seem to mess with these. Thanks for your help!

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by emtek
They do look like that but they are a reddish brown color, not green. But I'm sure there are probably different kinds. Do you know how to get rid of them? I have peppermint shrimp, which took care of my glass anemone problem, but don't seem to mess with these. Thanks for your help!
I Boil some water in a glass. Then squirt each one with a syringe.

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by marinfire1
i have these in my tank too...im just wondering why r they bad? and should i kill them>
Just like glass anemones(aiptasia) they spread like weeds and sting everything . If not niped in the bud very hard to get rid of.

jawfish101

Originally Posted by sparkee61
Get " Joe's Juice". One squirt and they freeze to death.
There's only a 1 in 8 chance of killing one with Joes Juice. If you don't kill it first time, then they go asexual and multiply.
I would probably go with the boiling water method?
Just my 2 cents

bang guy

They're Mojano Anemone. If you want to get rid of them just scrape them off the rock or pull them out with tweezers.

monalisa

I've actually gotten rid of those by...ugh...taking a long wooden pick and...ugh...poking and twisting it into the mouth...ugh...Got one in my tank that needs to be...ugh, taken care of...ugh...better get at it...
Lisa :happyfish

wanabebell

yes ive got a problem with them so im getting a pair of burgias
ive started a trading program with our city
so we just call the next person in line when our tank is cleaned

bang guy

Originally Posted by wanabebell
Berghia can't eat Mojano to my knowledge.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Berghia can't eat Mojano to my knowledge.

he's right berghia veruciciornis only eats aiptasia anemone, it would be a waste of money and the berghia would starve.

psusocr1

when i had them the easiest thig to do is just squirt them int he mouth with really hot water then put gloves on a pinch the base,, they dettach very easily

jawfish101

Originally Posted by wanabebell
ive started a trading program with our city
so we just call the next person in line when our tank is cleaned
I just got 10 Berghia for an aptasia problem I have. I got a couple aptasia on the back of some rock, I couldn't get at them and the multiplied like crazy (that's aptasia for you) so i'm waiting for them to clean up. I've already caught them munching once at night

Anyway, sorry for hijacking, that thought just popped up in my head..