Any Kansas reefers out there?

mini-reefer

I'm looking for some local fellow reefers who may be interested in trading some different kind of shrooms and polyp cuttings, or anything else available for that matter. If anyone local is interested please give me an email. I've been reading the posts for some time now and havent ran across any rules that state you cant ask this. If so, no harm intended! :D
Mini-Reefer
Bigjbj@kscable.com

lancer

Hey Mini-Reefer, I'm sorry I can't help you out with a trade, but I was wondering which lfs you went to around Wichita?
Lancer

lu

Hi Mini-Reefer! I'm from Kingman but I don't have my tank ready for corals yet. I just got it up and running. I usually go to the Cove or Sea Dreams on south Hillside.

lu

Guptons is still open but they don't have any salt stuff. They are strictly freshwater. I was there the other day to see what they had.
Sure is a small world, isn't it???

mini-reefer

Talk to Lynn at Seadreams! Best selection and prices on pretty much anything you can think of. I wont buy livestock from anybody else. Anyone else out there from the Wichita area interested? :confused:
Mini-Reefer

lancer

Sea Dreams is good for tanks (thats where my wife bought my 150 for me), but i wouldn't buy any fish from there. I commented about their feeding goldfish to some agressive marine fish and they said that was o.k. to do. I have bought some hermits from them and they were all good. For fish I like The Aquarium In Old Towne. They do seem slightly understocked, but Rick and Tonya know just as much as Lynn and are much easier to talk to. The guys at the cove are ignorant and arrogant which is a bad combo, plus besides those two 500 gal. show tanks, they don't offer much of a reason to go in there. By the way for some kicks go check out Jumbo Fish on Central by the canal route, it's all freshwater, but the tank in the back is very interesting! (just watch your hands, I always think something might jump out of one of those ponds and take a finger or two!)

lu

Ya know, I was told the place in old town was cool but I hate driving in Wichita anyway, so I never go downtown. I also agree with you on the Cove, I always get a different answer from each person. I bought a couple of damsels from them to get my tank started and one had a big white spot on his head.........now I have ICH..........I'm so mad. I told them that's what it was and that I had gotten it there and they said no, not from us and wouldn't give a refund or anything. They wouldn't even acknowledge that THEIR fish had ich........I'm so mad!!! I don't have a hospital tank so I'm going to lose all of them.......

mini-reefer

I agree that The Aquarium Downtown is very intelligent as far as keeping fish, but their prices are very high when you can drive less than 10 minutes to Seadreams and get the same thing that is in as good of health for around 10 - 15% less for the most part. Plus the variety, and special order species dont cost as much. As far as feeding goldfish to aggressives, I agree with you Lancer, and as far as the Cove goes I think we are all in agreement!
Anywhoo....anyone else up for trading cuttings? It sure would be alot cheaper to build a variety of corals!
Mini-Reefer

lu

That's why we've decided to just buy all our fish/coral/inverts from here instead of even going to the lfs in Wichita. They are cheaper, have a great selection and the fish are in good health when you get them....can't beat that deal.

mini-reefer

Hey Krusty Krab, let me know when your tanks up and going and if your interested hopefully we can get together sometime and share some "war stories" :D
Mini-Reefer

lu

Mini-reefer,
Will do. I Do want to have some soft corals so I'd definately be interested in trading cuttings when I get going. Thanks for the offer!

dinhouse

I AM IS THERE ANYONE FROM AROUND THE TOPEKA AREA? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MUSHROOMS THEY WOULD LIKE TO SELL FOR A DECENT PRICE?