Any of you try T6 light?

o2ngk

I have Coralife PC 260W that I am going to replace with Odyssea T6 216W. Any of you have any experience w/ T6 light? Or may be suggest or probably prevent me from wasting more money?
Thank you.

o2ngk

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy
i have 3x140watt t-6 vhos. they get the job done. i have 3 clams and other high demanding light corals.
Good, I've been reading forum to forums out there and so far either people know about it or it's too new that they don't want to try it yet. But can't find nothing bad about it so far. Which one do you have?
Thanks.

reefraff

Don't confuse T6 VHO with the stuff Odysea sells. A VHO T6 uses the same wattage as standard VHO's so a 4 foot VHO T6 is 110 watts. Most of them you see on line are HO's which are 55 watts I believe. You also want a good reflector just like T5's. The Helios T6 stuff is good but hard to get on line. .

scotty37

Also, as far as your actinics, I would personally very highly recommend the actinics. I have my actinics and VHO's on separate ballats, and I accidentally kicked off the actinics yesterday and about got sick... ugly with just the plain light, looked yellow. Its a nice crisp white with the actinics, and a nice blue when the VHOs are off. I run the actinics all the time so that there is a light in the tank at night.

o2ngk

Originally Posted by scotty37
Also, as far as your actinics, I would personally very highly recommend the actinics. I have my actinics and VHO's on separate ballats, and I accidentally kicked off the actinics yesterday and about got sick... ugly with just the plain light, looked yellow. Its a nice crisp white with the actinics, and a nice blue when the VHOs are off. I run the actinics all the time so that there is a light in the tank at night.
Actinic does not cause algea bloom if you running it that long of hour?

o2ngk

Originally Posted by reefraff
Don't confuse T6 VHO with the stuff Odysea sells. A VHO T6 uses the same wattage as standard VHO's so a 4 foot VHO T6 is 110 watts. Most of them you see on line are HO's which are 55 watts I believe. You also want a good reflector just like T5's. The Helios T6 stuff is good but hard to get on line. .
I will check out the Helios. So are you saying don't buy the Odyssea because of the 54watts T6?

bill109

dont mean to steal this at all but would u recomend t-6 over mh? i wouldnt think so but maybe iw wrong?

o2ngk

Originally Posted by bill109
dont mean to steal this at all but would u recomend t-6 over mh? i wouldnt think so but maybe iw wrong?
I think MH is consider the top of the line for lightning .. so I don't think any light will match against the MH. The only draw back about MH is the heat .. so be prepare to have chiller if you have not buy one yet. Plus MH is usually more expensive than T5 or 6 to buy or maintain. T6 so far is more afordable than MH or T5.
But the concern that I have right now is T6 being the new technology, is this OK or just forget about it and go with T5?

bill109

Originally Posted by o2ngk
I think MH is consider the top of the line for lightning .. so I don't think any light will match against the MH. The only draw back about MH is the heat .. so be prepare to have chiller if you have not buy one yet. Plus MH is usually more expensive than T5 ot 6 to buy or maintain. T6 so far is more afordable than MH or T5.
But the concern that I have right now is T6 being the new technology, is this OK or just forget about it and go with T5?
i am wondering the same. i think i will be going with a t5 fixture over mh but am not sure ad well about t6. will be watching..

-bill109

reefraff

The good T5's will compete with most halides (Not 400 or 1000 watters of course)
I wouldn't mess with Odysea stuff, if you can't find the good stuff with parabolic reflectors go with T5's.

lazypinoy

Good, I've been reading forum to forums out there and so far either people know about it or it's too new that they don't want to try it yet. But can't find nothing bad about it so far. Which one do you have?
Thanks.
sorry for the long response. went to lego land for vacation. i have helios.

o2ngk

I tried to search for Helios but i can not find the website about them. Do you have their information?

lazypinoy

I tried to search for Helios but i can not find the website about them. Do you have their information?
i sent a pm