Any one go to Lake of the Ozarks?

rykac

Just got home from there from the weekend. I love that place. Cannot wait until it get warm so i can get out there with my new Seadoo XP DI.:)

saltfin

Yes - I own a home down there. Gets pretty busy in the summer. I kinda like winter best. I work on the house during the day and at evening Grille out and sip on a nice little drink of choice and watch it snow into the trees while I toss another log on the fire. Very pretty time of year AND QUIET !! Oh by the way - I make noise to:D

saltfin

Just depends on your mental status Purity. Some People have Million dollar homes here with double swimming pools. Some just go swimming in the lake. Go figure:thinking:

nm reef

Funny...I used to go to Branson when there was nothing more than a few homes/farm land/a couple of bait shops...and a few service stations...things have sure changed since the late 60's!

lovethesea

some friends of ours just bought a house there last year. Don't know where exactly. Another friends son just moved there all year round. As most places are the water is murky near the docks. Once away from there, the water is nicer.
Does it take you long to get there for the weekend?
NM Reef....now Branson is BUMPER TO BUMPER. Its crazy. Haven't been back in several years becasue of that. Between 4-5 everyones' killin' themselves to get to the all you can eat buffet.

saltfin

NM - I know I litterly grew up in a small fishing boat. My folks were endless fishermen. Up before sun, Breakfast, In boat til 12, eat lunch, back in boat til sunset, eat fish, cards/dirnks/snaks, bed, run trottttt lines every 2 hrs. all night - Start all over again. Every other weekend all my life, then all August during Model change. I thought I'd never look at water, fish or boats again in my life.
I don't fish anymore I just like to provide the best home for the saltier ones. Gotta love those critters. They feed us, nip our toes, dance in the tank, play hide and seek and beg for food. OH Sorry got to rambling. The Bagnall Damn project began in 1936 by prisoners and the Corps of Eng. In general 75FT. deep with 1800 miles of shoreline. Deepest point approx. 120 Ft at twin islands.
This mud bottom lake went from 8FT Alum Fishing boats to over 40Ft Cigar boats and even larger houseboats through the years. I only wonder what the fish think now:happyfish

saltfin

lovethesea: I quit goin to Branson for the same but I think I've herd they've fixed the traffic better.
Raycac: Holly smoke I didn't mean to steel your thread. I'm sorry. When you asked that question a million things went though my head. Maybe without knowing it I'll be making boat water wakes you'll be jumping on your PWC. Enjoy

rykac

Hey salt fin where are you located on the lake. My parents own a condo at heron bay on the 20 mile marker. I love that place. AND party cove is AWESOME. Just got the seadoo last summer and it would be nice for you to make some wake for me HAHA! From here its only about a 5-6 hour drive but its well worth it. ME and some friends went over the weekend as i said. We spent some time at Tantara in the water park. It was ok but me and the rest of my friends(16-18yrs old) would much rather be out on the water.

elfdoctors

There is a medically underserved community, Richland, about 30 miles away. I was recruited for that position when I came out of residency as I was signing on with the National Health Service Corps. They put me up at Tantara. It was beautiful. I was offered the position.
I decided against the place after I got the first speeding ticket of my life in Lake of the Ozarks. I had slowed up when I realized that I was back in town. The police officer came up behind me at a traffic light. After the light turned green, he put his lights on. I think he saw that I had out of state plates (from Iowa) before deciding to ticket me. I concluded that either the police down there are biased or God was trying to tell me something. I told Richland goodbye! I drove from there to my next interview was up in northern Wisconsin. I've been here since.

saltfin

RYKAC: I know exactly where you are. You are next to Shooters -21 Really fun and busy area, big fast and cool boats, beach volley ball, eating~~~~~so on. Be very careful. About 150 runover and wrecked PWC each year Min.
I am just around Tony's Point from Millstone in the Gravois arm about 6 mile marker. I'm about 1/2 mile up on left (west) side in the arm. Just a touch out of the way unless I want to go play. My friends just bout a couple of PWC for this year.
elfdoctors: Sorry it worked out that way. The people are acutally pretty nice except for what we all put up with in traffic attitudes. I just got a Kansas City ticket the other morning about 8:am on a Sat Morn taking my son to a Basketball Tourn. It was 65 and I was driving that speed but got to caughing with my endless cold and missed seeing a 55MPH sign posted right at an interchange that went like 7 different directions all during a long curve and Merges. I was spending my time thinking about traffic and just didn't see it. I haven't driven that area in years. Anyway, 2 officers flagged me over I felt like I have just shot the mayor or something. My wife asked where the sign was posted and he responded there were 3 signs. On another trip I thought I'd check just how ruthless I had been. From where he started flaging me over and back to the first 55MPH sign was only about a quarter mile. There was only the 1 sign I could see anywhere. He noted he shot me at 68-69-68 (three times). When you do the subtraction looks pretty bad. I felt like it was more a city budget issue on Send an officer out the the best area with best 10 MPH drop in speed act like the driver was in complete disreguard -was posted forever and was given many times for the radar shots. Believe me it was a short distance blink of an eye deal. Everything anymore is budgets and pass it on to the consumer.
I'm on our School board Levy Committee at the moment Missouri has 524 School districts and didn't budget nor give us operation money this year. Suprise, Gas going up, Property Re-accessments and Looks like Social Sec. will be a focus again - again Did I say again. When people need help the most seems like the vulters move in. Sorry ramblin Truly a fun lake though.