Any one got suggestions?

legoalie31

Ok so ive got an 80 gallon fowlr with a flame angel in it and i was wondering what should put in with it. I'm open to anything

bionicarm

Plan on putting any corals in it? If not, you can go with something in the trigger or tang family. Clown triggers are nice, but can be aggressive. Blue Hippo or Yellow Tangs are OK for your tank. Also a green bird wrasse or lunare wrasse. A porcupine puffer is cool. If you want aggressive, get you a nice volitan lion (just watch out for the quills if you put your hand in the tank). 80 gallons can maintain up to three or four 4" - 6" fish, or six to eight 1" - 3" fish. This site has pretty much any of the fish you can buy for your tank. Just decide whether you want a docile, semi-aggressive, or aggresive tank, then go from there.

ilovemytank

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/2776002
Plan on putting any corals in it? If not, you can go with something in the trigger or tang family. Clown triggers are nice, but can be aggressive. Blue Hippo or Yellow Tangs are OK for your tank. Also a green bird wrasse or lunare wrasse. A porcupine puffer is cool. If you want aggressive, get you a nice volitan lion (just watch out for the quills if you put your hand in the tank). 80 gallons can maintain up to three or four 4" - 6" fish, or six to eight 1" - 3" fish. This site has pretty much any of the fish you can buy for your tank. Just decide whether you want a docile, semi-aggressive, or aggresive tank, then go from there.
OK this is alot of great suggestions if you like aggressive fish. I suggest alot of small community fish. Along with almost any type of corals you could add; a wonderfull combination of colors and include bottom swimmers like: scooter blennies, watchman gobies and some sandsifting gobies; then move to your midrange swimmers like: firefish, purple firefish, many selections of wrasses or dwarf angels and then go to your top swimmers like a small school of mixed anthias. Check out my thread "Is two skimmers over kill" where I just posted my stock list. I've had an agressive tank too and think they are all great so your mini world is in your hands. Good luck and I hope the selection above and mine help you in your choices.

ilovemytank

Originally Posted by jeanheckle
http:///forum/post/2776386
Don't start with any expensive corals, my flame angel ate mine,
I've got a month old clam that I bought pretty large and in good health. I think my flame angel or my coral beauty is nipping his mantle so that he constantly is retracting it in when a fish goes by. I'm thinking of getting rid of him so he doesn't die. the angels are beautiful and I already recommended them above but definately use this in consideration.