any one ride?

nas19320

Originally posted by mwaraxa
Nas, how you you likeing the 05 R6? I used to have a 03 R6 but ended up selling it. Now i'm getting divorced and asking myself why the hell i sold it for a family i'm not going to have now. hehe. My hearts set on getting a bike this year. Either the R1 or the R6. But is will be a Yamaha non the less.

I really like it. The 70 series tire up front is a big improvement and the suspension is nice and solid. It has a few throttle issues but it can be worked out for the most part. Regearing it also gives it some nice lowdown torque. The R1's are nice, a little excessive for the street but alot of fun.

oceanminded

Used to race motocross on the local tracks where I live. Broke my collar bone during warmups one race and had to quit racing. Couldnt afford being out of work for 6 weeks. Still love to ride though.

mwaraxa

Nas,
I know what you mean about excessive. I wouldn't utilize half the bike anyways but i'm a pretty tall guy and kinda wanted the extra size if possible.

tony detroit

If you've rode them both they feel almost the same.
People always think gixxer 1K's are so much larger, they're very close in size as the 600.
I'd really like to take a honda 600RR for a ride this summer.

nas19320

It's amazing that there is less then a 10 lb difference between the new gixxer 1K and the R6. Comapare the specs between the bikes your considering. Besides power there is very little difference between the R1 and R6, maybe an inch or two here and there and maybe 30 lbs difference.

skin

i ride a sand ONLY 400ex. orange fulbore plst. lonestar everything. usedto ride a cr 250 till i wreckrd and had to have my knee put back together.