Any picos out there?

locoyo386

Originally Posted by patrick8929
http:///forum/post/3081268
i would love to see all of your tanks loco
Well I lost count to how many I have, but they range from 1 gallon (used to be salt but took it down and made it fresh) to (3)55 gallons. I have posted 4 of my tanks on this site, and I think that will be enough for a while. But thanks for your interest. You might catch them on youtube here and there aswell.

locoyo386

Originally Posted by zoie2
http:///forum/post/3081286
why do you use play sand and do a test run? %%
I wanted to set one up with play sand to see how it does on the long run. If it does well, I will be using playsand for my substrate in lue of sand. Also there is a thread on that if you want to post comments, this thread is not mine and I don't want to steel it.

bill109

Originally Posted by locoyo386
http:///forum/post/3081311
I wanted to set one up with play sand to see how it does on the long run. If it does well, I will be using playsand for my substrate in lue of sand. Also there is a thread on that if you want to post comments, this thread is not mine and I don't want to steel it.
hahah. no worries. free bumps to get peoples attention. i like seeing all these tanks

locoyo386

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/3081703
hahah. no worries. free bumps to get peoples attention. i like seeing all these tanks
I like seeing tanks too, that's why I have alot of them. Counted them today and here is the list of amounts and sizes both fresn and saltwater;
A-S
2-1
2-2
2-5
10-10
4-20
2-30
1-45
3-50
But to see them all you are going to have to catch them on youtube, I post some here and there. Have fun with your tanks.
Oh, and no I don't have a store, but I am thinking about it. It will have to wait till these whole mess with economy goes away, specially ni Kalifonia, as our govenor would say..

debbie

Here is a pic of my 1 gal pico that is no longer going because i moved everything to the next picture which is my 3 gal pico.
I do miss the 1 gal though and might put it back up again and move my zoas into it with the pom pom crab. Not sure though.
I love these pico's never had an issue with either of them. They do require daily top ups which I don't mind at all. They are alot of fun too.

debbie

I don't have the 1 gal going at this time. I moved everything over to the 3 gal. But i sure miss the 1 gal. I think I might get it going again and move my GSP and Zoas into it.
Say I asked this already but no replies yet on the reef forum. If i were to leave lights 9 watts on the 1 gal all the time and not shut them off would this be harmful??
I would only have a snail in there and the gsp and zoas??

bill109

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/3082219
I don't have the 1 gal going at this time. I moved everything over to the 3 gal. But i sure miss the 1 gal. I think I might get it going again and move my GSP and Zoas into it.
Say I asked this already but no replies yet on the reef forum. If i were to leave lights 9 watts on the 1 gal all the time and not shut them off would this be harmful??

well im not sure if it would cause any damage to corals but maybe over time?
if you mean like 24/7, then imo i would just do longer lighting hours instead of on all the time.
im not sure if the corals will like the constant light because closing up at night is part of the their natural life style.
im not to sure here but you could have algae probs. to no?
the 3 gal looks great debbie, but i think the gsp should be in there too..

patrick8929

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/3082219

you mean like at night too? i would think the corals would need a break at some point. they would probably burn up? not sure about this but i just know there natural light conditions are day and night

debbie

Ya I think I will just leave everything in the 3 gal instead of having the 2 tanks going.
The GSP are not that big, they are alot smaller but I am going to put them back on the rock they were in that pic and in no time I will be once again trimming that is for sure.
Not sure if I am going to keep the suncoral. Love them but they only open at night and I have been trying to train them to open during the day but you have to be constant at that. To much of a pain, I like the softies that just depend on the light source so much easier.

debbie

cranberry, nice little tank. Say what kind of filter are you running on that tank and what kind of angler do you have in there??
Any pic of angler??

cranberry

I am upgrading this tank actually, The angler outgrew it waste-wise. The day we put up the new 25g, he died (but was replaced).
This was the old angler.... he was just starting to change from his juvie colours

This is the new guy already getting ready to change.
They don't stay their spotted colours.

The filter on the tank in that pic is the one that came with the pico. It was noisy so we changed it out.

cranberry

I've seen mine on 2 different online sites. But the shops are local to me so I was able to go pick them up.
You can ask Saltwaterfish to maybe carry some of the smaller ones, but again y'all have to be careful when ordering online. The angler they have listed as long lure is a warty. It's the warty that is one of the common smaller ones and can be easier to ID than some.
I don't consider these permanent pico fish. But picos are a definite grow out option when they are purchased small.