any recommended ro systems off fleabay?

gerry45

I am looking at ordering a new ro system but there are several types/sellers.
anyone have any experience with any?

pallan

look at seller---- H20 science
nice units, lots of extras
i think it used to be purely h20 same stuff though

fender

I have a unit from Filter Direct arriving tomorrow. Thinking about giving a complete review/install writeup. Forgot about getting a TDS meter tho...

fender

Installed my filter Direct unit last night. Very happy with it. At last clean water whenever I need it.

pontius

Originally Posted by pool-boy
I have an AQUASAFE and Love it!
I second that. I've had one from Aquasafe for 2 and a half years and it hasn't missed a beat.

chipmaker

Filter direct for me too (x2) Oscar is a great guy to deal with and he will gladly install any sized membrane you want at no additional charge. Its also possible top purchase directly form them at buy it now price if you do not want to fool with bidding etc, just by calling them up on their toll free number.

darknes

I bought one from ROfilterDepot, and it works great. Was only $75 for a 6-stage 100 GPD unit with a set of replacement filters.

sylvius

I just got my airwaterice typhoon and am really happy. The product is nice, but the great part is Walter. He really understands these systems and if you have questions he replies to e-mail seemingly around the clock. Off the auction site you never know what you are going to get and if it turns out to be junk more often than not you're just screwed. Walter, on the other hand, clearly stands behind his products. Plus, for most people without multiple huge tanks needing only 10-20 gallons a week, I think the base model (typhoon) is more than adequate.

gen1dustin

I hear a lot of the reallly cheap ones on their are garbage. People measure their TDS & it is way up there. I got one off there though made by Pure Water Planet. Great unit I think. I haven't tested the TDSs yet, but they are a real deal company. Have a website & make huge whole house systems. RO vending machines etc so I trust them.

ahpchagi

I have a 5 stage from Aquasafe/ Canada. No complaints. Did burn right thru the first batch of DI resin, but thats my well water doing that. I just keep an eye on the color of the resin, watch the TDS's, and I'm making great water. Unit was cheap to buy, not cheaply made.