Any Salt Water Tank Rental Places in FL

jeffreyjr

I wanted to know if there are any places that offer salt water tank rentals in south Florida. I am looking for one for my home. Any help woul be greatly appreciated.....

speg

Tank rentals?? Are your relatives coming over and you want to look rich for the weekend?

fuax

Not sure on that one but I do know a lot of lfs have service contracts with stores malls and such is maybe what you are looking for.

jeffreyjr

Originally Posted by Speg
Tank rentals?? Are your relatives coming over and you want to look rich for the weekend?

NOPE. THEY ALREADY KNOW...

my last attempt at having a tank ran me over $3k in a year..I'd rather just "lease/rent" a tank for my house...
that's the main reason I really don't feel like investing $$$$ just to have stuff die again....

speg

I'll come over and fix a tank up for you.. and you just pay me labor/livestock/equipment prices =c)

oceana

i know that creative oceans in Tampa does tanks for lease. they drop it off set it up and care for it. lots of companys and places like dr offices do that. for the price however you might as well buy a new set up and do your research. this hobby really is not hard at all as long as your READ READ READ and then READ SOME MORE.

jeffreyjr

thanks for the heads up. That's what I am looking for...for now. I am trying to find prices so I can compare

vi3tb0i

try big als or beverlys jeff big als compare website prices and reduce the price by 5% its really good i mostly go to that place!! good luck :)

bret61081

Originally Posted by jeffreyjr
any recomendations on places where I should go look for equipment??? :notsure:
The best Place for equipment is big Als. but like they said shop around. There are plenty of local places where they will maintain the tank for you, but I have never heard of one leasing a tank! depending on where you go, they will come out to your house 1-2 times a week, check water, add fish, ect. Whatever you want, they'll do for a price! Not sure where you buy your fish, but if you find a good place and maintain good quality...they'll live a long time. I do 99% of my business at Exotic Aquatic on Oakland Park. When you have them come service ur tank, I know they offer a longer Guarantee then normal. I have had great luck with them. Good luck...and tell us where you used to buy ur fish! Pet World in the Tower shops is the WORST place ever if thats where you used togo!!

nicodakat

I would call up Reef's Edge in Ft. Lauderdale. He does a lot of specialty tanks for various customers and clients. He's got great prices as well!!

jeffreyjr

Used to buy some of the fish at Beverley's In pembroke Pines...as well as a few smaller shops down in Miami. It was more of a constant water issue than the fish...That and the infestation of bristle worms...
It's been a long time since I broke down my 44gal hex tank...Now I am getting the itch again and am thinking about getting back into it...
I called Reef's edge...talked to Katie over there...just need to find time to make it over there.....and see what they come up with...

bret61081

Originally Posted by NicodaKat
I would call up Reef's Edge in Ft. Lauderdale. He does a lot of specialty tanks for various customers and clients. He's got great prices as well!!
Shop around...I stopped in there a few times...lots of fish to choose from but prices were kinda high....just shop around before you decide on something! :happyfish

jeffreyjr

anyone in South Florida know someone thinking of upgrading tanks? I may be willing to take the old one off their hands....

jeffreyjr

Originally Posted by Speg
I'll come over and fix a tank up for you.. and you just pay me labor/livestock/equipment prices =c)

so what do you think the intial investment would be for a reef tank? A MINIMUM Atleast 55gal....I want it as the main focal point when you enter my lil shack!

carshark

for pete's sake im in IOWA i think im the only one from the midwest in these things!!!
used to live in atlanta, miss the fish shops i think ill go back!! :thinking: