Any soccer fans out there?

bill109

Originally Posted by scgator
Bill109 That's awesome!
Played up through college and 1 great summer as a pro. My parents convinced me to go back to school and I broke my tail bone. Everyone in my classes thought I had hemoroids or something because I had to sit on a donut for weeks.
Trying to put together a travel team here (SW Virginia). I coach my son's team, but the level of competition is no where near the level we were used to in South Carolina (CESA).
nice at least u can say u were pro..
yeah it was awesome considering i am 16 now sso that was something big for me
so good to hear that peopl play as well
-bill109

scgator

Shoot Bill, you are farther along than I was at 16. I never played overseas and still made it into the A-league. Get back into it! It sounds like you have a pretty good shot.
Chris

bill109

Shoot Bill, you are farther along than I was at 16. I never played overseas and still made it into the A-league. Get back into it! It sounds like you have a pretty good shot.
Chris
i did but now im so outta shape.. i just broke my ankle and im recovering and its soo hard to get backinto it after tht kind of a break
o well i played soccer for about 11 years and i was sick of it. now i ply lacrosse and race sno-x
life is better dont have to revolve my life aroudn it
-bill109

scgator

OK I got ya. I guess it's different for me since I've not been a player for almost ten years. I tried to get back in after the butt break, but the conditioning/reflexes killed me. I was marginal, at best, since I was a sucker for crosses (vampire) so I would have had to work harder than the next guy to have a shot. I wish I had though. Too late now. Too many years of sitting on my hind end watching. Since I can't do....I COACH!
Did you watch the Man U/Milan game tonight. I thought the officiating was lacking, but Milan played a very smart game. The rest of the UEFA cup should be very interesting.
Chris

bill109

By the way...What is sno-x? Yeah I know I'm OLD, but still???
dont worry not many people know
take a motocross track and make it out of snow (the jumps/track ) and instead of using dirtbikes i use snowmobiles.
btw i have to start watching the soccer games again. i got some free time now so i gotta start again lol

maelv

When I was in the Air Force and overseas in Germany (from 1996 to 1999) I used to go to quite a few games from surrounding pro teams in the NL and Germany. I also played indoor soccer. Our team was horrible. We were on a NATO air base and our (the US team) best player was a young Dutch guy that I worked with so he was able to play with us. But the German, Dutch, Turkish, Italians, Belgian (to name a few) air force members had their own team. They killed us. REPEATEDLY for all three years. I made a choice that I would never, EVER again play goalie on an indoor soccer league.
I now live in KC and we have the wizards professional team here. We haven't gone to any of the games, but perhaps we will catch one this year sometime.
Great topic

prevwon

^^I think so too. That game against ManU was amazing.
The Chelsea Vs Arsenal game was disappointing...congrats to ManU though for taking the EPL