any south dakotans here

corynm

I grew up in Aberdeen, Mitchell, and Brookings
! I'm in Albuquerque, NM now. What part of SD are you in?

rnk9394

I grew up in Rapid City. And actually I have been to the Corn Palace in the past. Glad to have some other people from South Dakota on the site.
Rick

corynm

I lived there during my elementary and middle school years. So I guess I moved away about 15 or so years ago. I've moved around a lot so my moves are starting to blend together!! I'm sure the Corn Palace has changed quite a bit since then. Is there still an ice cream shop across the street from the CP that takes candy bars and crushes them in a machine to mix in with the ice cream?? That was my favorite place when I lived there!! We lived off of N Harmon by the lake...I don't recall the street name, though.

jstange2

Yeah, the palace pretty much changes, as far as the grain decorating goes, every year. But they had to remove the cones/towers and replace them because they were too heavy, and I think one actually started to fall.
Did you live right on the lake on the north side? If so, I was probably N. Harmon or Airpord Rd.

P

pisomojado

I live up in Spearfish, not much for local stores/ people around here is there :)