any trading in louisiana?

skyhi

well the only good places i've heard of is fintastics and aqua depot both in sulphur. they are good with fish and supplies. i have a used 55 gallon, still can't get the calcium/lime deposits off. so i'm looking to buy some live rock. i have one in town and rocks are not good looking.

the_buzz_m

Originally Posted by skyhi
sounds good, i live in southwest la, i've heard of a few in sulphur area.

Skyhi, I can vouch for trusting Fintastic, though it is the only local place I have been to. They came and set up my tank about a month after Rita hit, and they did an excellent job. The thing that has impressed me the most is that they have refused to sell me certain fish that they didn't think my tank was ready for. That proved to me that they weren't just after my money.
I know they usually have quite a bit of LR in the store curing. In fact, I bought a couple of big pieces to supplement my aquascaping and one ended up with some star polyps growing on it. I also bought some small pieces to use for placing frags on it.
Here is a pic of my tank that I took tonight. Everything has come from them except for the open pink brain at the bottom and the colt coral in the far back right corner. I got both of those from a place in Houston.
the_buzz_man

skyhi

wow, you tank is beautiful. i'll have to check in on this place. i called pet smart and a guy there said his mom went there and it was great. i guess he was right. thanks for tip. how long have you had your tank? well thanks again.

nakadoc

I got alot of zoa frags if any of you guys are interested! I am in shreveport I am selling them for $25 a piece.

subvillian

Wow great to see peeps in south east La. I am in Hammond but hoping to move to BR soon. I only go to Mark's Marine but would love to check out other places. Mr. Fish in Mandeville is a really cool store but they never have saltfish stocked.
Also i have only had my tank up for 5 months now and would love to have someone come by and check it out and tell me what i am doing wrong. My first tank was only up for 2 months this summer in Diamondhead Miss. You can guess what happened to that one :(

rcbruce

Mark's is good but high priced. Since your right there, check out Paradise Pet's in LaPlace. I'm going there today. They have the best selection and great prices.
Also, when you get here to BR, I can steer you to a guy that is a wholesaler that just got his retail lic. Good selection and the cheapest prices ever!

skyhi

hey rcbruce can you give me the wholesalers location? i am just starting mine up. i've got my 55 gallon, stand lights, etc. and need some rock, sand, crushed coral etc. and would appreciate any help. thanks

skyhi

RCBRUCE hey are you gonna let us in on the wholesaler or were you just kidding? what's up i've asked a couple of times and others have asked. is there some change? are they not as good as you thought? just wondering. I was really interested in your tip. let us all know, your killing us! lol :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :help: :help:

jtv7471

LOUISIANA REEFER-ERS , Looking for close local help, great advice on stores, people closer than cross country to get advice from, look no more everyone check out lareefclub.com asap. Several hundred people waiting on you, we have local meetings and frag trades, great people.
lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com

jtv7471

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: LOUISIANA REEFER-ERS , Looking for close local help, great advice on stores, people closer than cross country to get advice from, look no more everyone check out lareefclub.com asap. Several hundred people waiting on you, we have local meetings and frag trades, great people.
lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com lareefclub.com :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

D

djcorrupt

Originally Posted by RCBruce
Mark's is good but high priced. Since your right there, check out Paradise Pet's in LaPlace. I'm going there today. They have the best selection and great prices.
Also, when you get here to BR, I can steer you to a guy that is a wholesaler that just got his retail lic. Good selection and the cheapest prices ever!

I am in BR and would like to kno if you can direct me to your new wholesale reatailer??

gen1dustin

RCBruce I too would like to know who you are talking about. If you don't mind email me at gen1performance@hotmail.com
Mark's Marine is cool, nice guy. Noah's on Jefferson Hwy don't carry saltwater anymore. My brother said Cajun Coral is pretty cool, but I've never been there.

inthabayou

Here is another Bat Rouge person looking for a few new things as well... I would also like to get in with this new retailer..

watson3

In the Ruston area...a few great places in Monroe, but kind of pricey...Are there any places in Shreveport/Bossier worth driving an hour to

poppins

I know who the wholeseller is and im not tellin.to tell you the truth i dont know if hes open to the public yet.Yes he does have great coral and supplies at good prices but hes very hard to get a hold of.I think he has another business also. i currently live around the corner from the guy.Ive purchased things from him before.honestly every time i ask him when hes openin to the public, he tells me different dates so like i said hes really busy.on another note i love lareefclub.com.there pleanty of frag swappin and other classifieds.give em a try. AS of the wholesaler guy it would be awesome to have somebody with lower prices.MAn the prices are killin me!If anyone finds out when hes opening up please post!Good luck guys with all your tanks.