Anybody exercise? Do you use supplements/energy bars/shakes?

kerriann

Originally Posted by bgbdwlf2500
http:///forum/post/2705435
protein after your workout is all you need. believe me, i used to be huge.... just now getting back in the gym been 3 days in a row...
but that being said, it all depends on what youre trying to do. if you want to be huge then you need protein. if you just want to tone up you shouldnt need it...
also the main reason for after is so you dont feel sick while your work out...i work hard enough that if i had a protein shake or something to eat i would for sure be letting it all go during the workout...lol
agreed. if you're looking to bulk up then the protein bars and what not are necessary. me personally, after gaining my college weight i'm finally getting myself back down to what i was in high school and the only way i did that was by eating right and alternating cardio and strengthening activities. i don't take any supplements and i actively avoid foods that have more chemicals on the label than natural ingredients. no more than 1500 calories a day for the first two weeks then i took myself up to 1800 calories. i've been maintaining around 1800 until i reach my final goal weight however, if i'm hungry i eat.
at the same time one of my guy friends intentionally eats close to 10,000 calories a day and spends 2-3 hours at the gym daily and does the protein shakes, creatine, etc and he's a BRICK HOUSE!!! so, first determine what your personal goal is then we can better assess how you should go about it (without wasting money on a personal trainer to tell you the same thing)

harlikwin

NO-explode is responsible for some of the best workouts and the meanest pumps I've ever had. Protein shakes and creatine always had mixed results as to whether I would have a good workout or whether I would feel tired and sick. My only advise is follow the directions and start easy on it so you don't get jittery or end up with insomnia. And make sure you don't get hooked, I craved the energy!

bluering09

after running, I normally just drink smoothies with lots of soy protein and ice cream. I just dont know how to gain weight, I eat and eat alot daily never gain weight. I have been the same weight or so since I was 18.

bgbdwlf2500

Originally Posted by KerriAnn
http:///forum/post/2706258
agreed. if you're looking to bulk up then the protein bars and what not are necessary. me personally, after gaining my college weight i'm finally getting myself back down to what i was in high school and the only way i did that was by eating right and alternating cardio and strengthening activities. i don't take any supplements and i actively avoid foods that have more chemicals on the label than natural ingredients. no more than 1500 calories a day for the first two weeks then i took myself up to 1800 calories. i've been maintaining around 1800 until i reach my final goal weight however, if i'm hungry i eat.
at the same time one of my guy friends intentionally eats close to 10,000 calories a day and spends 2-3 hours at the gym daily and does the protein shakes, creatine, etc and he's a BRICK HOUSE!!! so, first determine what your personal goal is then we can better assess how you should go about it (without wasting money on a personal trainer to tell you the same thing)
if you lift every day you wont continue to get bigger because your muscles rebuilding is what makes you bigger. 4 or 5 days is the most you should do.. also, as i said before if you can spend 2-3 hours a day, youre not working out hard enough... hard to believe but the 30 mins a day 4 days a week is the way to go...but you have to lift hard. when ive done my 30 mins i can hardly lift my hands over my head to take a shower...one day when i was done lifting i couldnt turn the key on my truck. i had to sit there for a little while until i could

also to prove the point.... i read an article years ago about a body builder that did 1 (yes one) REP extremely slowly and ended up winning a competition. i think he said the rep would last a minute or more and he lifted extremely heavy....

nano reefer

Originally Posted by Harlikwin
http:///forum/post/2706298
NO-explode is responsible for some of the best workouts and the meanest pumps I've ever had. Protein shakes and creatine always had mixed results as to whether I would have a good workout or whether I would feel tired and sick. My only advise is follow the directions and start easy on it so you don't get jittery or end up with insomnia. And make sure you don't get hooked, I craved the energy!
i loved that stuff, i switched to Nano-Vapor for a while, but didnt get the same result. yes i got mumped up but, but not as much.

nano reefer

Originally Posted by Harlikwin
http:///forum/post/2706381
By the way if you try the NO explode get the orange, it tastes like orange dreamsicle!
and dont get grap flavored. it tastes like my sweaty butt after sitting on a latex desk chair watching rambo from my desk eating greasy popcorn that drips on the seat but then i fart because i get scared in the movie and then you lick the seat. thats what the grape flavor tastes like.

nano reefer

my workout schedule is basically this:
monday:lift
tuesday: run
wednesday: lift
thursday: run
friday:lift
when i get home i take a shower 3 mins warm, 1 min cold, 3 mins warm, 1 min cold. it kills most of the soreness if there is any.