anybody from NE Pa?

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by reefdweler
I finanly found some folks from my neck of the woods.
Note that most of these people "from your neck of the woods" are prolly out of the hobby or unable to contact. This thread is 3 years old.
But I am from Youngstown...Know where that is?? But I now live in Charlottte, so I can't trade with ya.

steelgluer

Finally some Pa peeps. Im in Nanticoke if you guys want any feathers you can pick them up. I got some leathers going now and some xenia soon. The pet zone has moved acroos the street, I dont now when the last time you guys where there but its pretty nice now the have a big

[hr]
tank with a shark and stuff in it. I go to pet city they are in the process of braking down there display and are selling everything in it for real cheap. I just got a bunch of stuff. I payed a fraction of what it would have coast. Here is my duster cluster.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=184234

reefdweler

Originally Posted by SteelGluer
Finally some Pa peeps. Im in Nanticoke if you guys want any feathers you can pick them up. I got some leathers going now and some xenia soon. The pet zone has moved acroos the street, I dont now when the last time you guys where there but its pretty nice now the have a big

[hr]
tank with a shark and stuff in it. I go to pet city they are in the process of braking down there display and are selling everything in it for real cheap. I just got a bunch of stuff. I payed a fraction of what it would have coast. Here is my duster cluster.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=184234
I live in Edwardsville, when my tank is ready I will check you out. What size tank you have?

reefdweler

:help: Hery guy's I have a question, might sound crazy or stupid but I don't know so I ask. Coraline Algae on rock, when you take the rock out of the water does the coraline disappear and turn white or does it stayand keep its color, but just dry out? I bought a piece of coral rock from the LFS to use as base rock in my tank. It was one of there tanks from another store. It has green and purple colors which they said was coraline but now that I have it home I am not sure, thinking it might be painted.

zooqi

It is not neccessary the color turns white right away. Now if you take a picture of the rock then I might be able to help you if is a painted rock or no. Live rock should not be painted and rocks that are painted are DIY rocks. Hope you did not get something that is not live rock and paid for the price of live rock. Not every LFS employee is knowledgable about reef tank and I have dealt with many LFS that I hate to see somebody go and get anything from them. I have also tried to educate some but no matter what I tried they wanted to stay with thier old fashion way and at the end I was wrong in their point of view. Any picture will be great and you can send it to my email if you can't post it here
reefnest@reefnest.com
REEFNEST

reefdweler

Originally Posted by zooqi
It is not neccessary the color turns white right away. Now if you take a picture of the rock then I might be able to help you if is a painted rock or no. Live rock should not be painted and rocks that are painted are DIY rocks. Hope you did not get something that is not live rock and paid for the price of live rock. Not every LFS employee is knowledgable about reef tank and I have dealt with many LFS that I hate to see somebody go and get anything from them. I have also tried to educate some but no matter what I tried they wanted to stay with thier old fashion way and at the end I was wrong in their point of view. Any picture will be great and you can send it to my email if you can't post it here
reefnest@reefnest.com
REEFNEST
I will try to take a pic if I can borrow someones camera, I dont have one. It is real rock, Old piece of coral. I only paid 9 bucks for 2 pieces. They are dry, but I do believe they where painted, but can u put painted rock in a reef tank as base rock? I din't think you could put painted rock ion tanks and they do no harm.

slipknot23

I live in Milton Pa and I go to miller's reef in Bloomsburg thay do all saltwater and have Lots of nice fish and corals and live rocks

nate4546

I live in Williamsport and go to animal specialties alot good prices good fish..I also like to go to Millers Reef in Bloomsburg usually have a great selection of corals and fish.Pets and You in Montorsvllie recently downsized their saltwater section and their prices are to high anyway ..so what frags do you guys have to trade? I've got a bunch of zoos and mushrooms ...

reefdweler

Do you guy's know of a pet shop called pet city? There is one in bloomsburg and one in Edwardsville. Thats where I got this painted rock. Also have any of you used base rock from a guy in FL shop called reefer rocks?

nate4546

Yea there was a pet city in Williamsport but they went out of business last time I was to the Pet City in Bloomsburg they looked like they were going out of business too

nic_u812

Hey all... I am from Danville, PA...17821
Anybody else from the area? Interested in maybe swapping a few frags... Let me know if there is any interest from the area.....

reefdweler

Hey guy's that rock was actually Caribsea's Look Alive base rock. I did a search and found then I went back to the store and asked them where it came from. Carib says it's supposed to seed faster because of it being very porous, I don't know we will see.By the way any-one in or around Edwardsville, Wilkes-Barre, Kingston area have any sand?I need about 1 cup of some live sand to help seed the sand I have,I will pay if need be. I hope I am not hijacking.

zooqi

When you get a rock and is look alike live rock then you should not be paying for it as is live rock. I personally think you got ripped off by a store that they should not be selling something and then they claim is live rock. After you go back they try to convince you that is a good rock and give you other reasons that is good. You want to be up to date with reef aquarium and not to listen to those who read old books and make your tank look like those aquariums in old books. Live rock she be sold as live rock or I can convince you that you can buy some cement rocks from me and it will look like live rock and can show you proves too. I will be in your area sometimes next week and I can get you some sand to seed your aquarium.
Education is our goal
reefnest.com

reefdweler

Originally Posted by zooqi
When you get a rock and is look alike live rock then you should not be paying for it as is live rock. I personally think you got ripped off by a store that they should not be selling something and then they claim is live rock. After you go back they try to convince you that is a good rock and give you other reasons that is good. You want to be up to date with reef aquarium and not to listen to those who read old books and make your tank look like those aquariums in old books. Live rock she be sold as live rock or I can convince you that you can buy some cement rocks from me and it will look like live rock and can show you proves too. I will be in your area sometimes next week and I can get you some sand to seed your aquarium.
Education is our goal
reefnest.com
NO, I think there might be a misunderstanding. The young boy in the shop was telling me that it was rock that was in a tank in one of ther other stores that's not open any more. He thought the purple stuff on the coral rock was coralline, not live rock. The other lady(owner) and gentleman in the store were not there that day, and I get pretty good advice from her. Anyway when I did the search I found out what king of rock it was, It comes from CaribSea and is called Caribsea Look Alive. It's not live rock, and I didn't pay LR price for it. It is apparent that that young man had no idea what he was talking about. Feel sorry for anyone who that seeks info from him :notsure: .
In any case Zooqi when will you be in town? I can sure use that seeding sand? Do you want to meet up some where? You can reach me at reef_dweller69@verizon.net
Reef Dweller :happyfish

zooqi

I did not know Judy kept any aquariums. Did she keep the big one she used to have ? She is not that far and I know her.