Anybody have freshwater pics?

crimzy

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Cool discus and is that a catfish or some algae cleaner on the bottom of the bottom pic?
Thx... just an ordinary pleco in the last pic.

triga22

When I had freshwater I had chiclids. Definatly the best because they actually look good. Most freshwater fish are ugly.
Those discus are really nice. How much they go for now?

mike22cha

Well they definetly don't have the color of saltwater, but not all are ugly. Those discus have lots of coloration.

crimzy

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Those discus are really nice. How much they go for now?
Anywhere from $30 to a couple hundred. Mine were each $40-$60.

wangotango

Awsome pics
. I've always wanted to start a discus tank, they're very beautiful fish.
I've got a 46 bow FW community tank. Not too exciting right now, I've got to restock some of my plants and add some more fish.
-Justin

crimzy

Wow why not go into sw for that price LOL.
I used to agree with this. But I have become very fond of this particular freshwater tank. First off, discus are beautiful fish. But I also like the substrate and aquascaping options that freshwater tanks have. The rocks come in all different colors and I like the look of driftwood in a tank. Not to mention that mainenance is much easier than with salt.

Cool discus and is that a catfish or some algae cleaner on the bottom of the bottom pic?
Thats a pleco they are big tank cleners..
And nice discus i had Freshwater and then i found a little drug called saltwater fish....

andy51632

Oh yeah, go to a good site that specializes in african cichlids. Their colors are unbelievable. I will have to post some of mine tomorrow.
Discus are very beatiful too, they are the kings of freshwater. Some of them seem to glow.
Even a large school of cardinal tetras(40-50) in a heavly planted tank is a site to behold.
Anything under the water is pretty magical to me. I just really can't get enough of this hobby(life).

kclester

i love the orange AC's i have a few in my 55 but i dunno how to post pics on here so with some help i may be able to post them

debbie

Hi, I will add a few pics of my Cobalt Blue Discus and my Gold Angelfish, and a couple pond pics too.

fishieness

BOOOO!
just kidding

but it's only a matter of time until those tanks become saltwater. at least that is what happened with me. haha

kclester

my aunt has 2 tiger oscars the size of dinneplates in a 55 gal....she is getting a 150 for them...its gunna be really cool

debbie

Originally Posted by fishieness
BOOOO!
just kidding

but it's only a matter of time until those tanks become saltwater. at least that is what happened with me. haha
Actually this tank was salt and then I changed back to my 10 nano that I love better......